do white women prefer black men when they are older?

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by PeeJay, Sep 19, 2016.

1. PeeJay

PeeJay New Member

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the trend of women dating men of a different race after they have aged a bit. generally from 35 onwards. This is something I observed when I visited england a while ago.

thanks

2. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

I am not sure, but perhaps it is maturity? men of all races on average mature more slowly than women, and many are very immature and dont grow up at all. Maybe they see the older men as more emotionally and financially stable?

Also, if it is an an older woman she may go for an older man so she does not appear to be a pervert or making a fetish men of different races.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a maturity issue although it is opposite the respects I think he means.

4. archangel

I suspect that they have more freedoms and less to lose but since I am not a woman. I don't know.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I still say it's a lack of options that makes them more "open"
    For people over 45 I get they grew up when it was far less accepted and lived in areas where there were few black people or it was very segregated. If you are a kid of the internet age it really boils down to options

6. archangel

This point is valid. Thank god we grew up in this age!!!!!

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I feel like people tend to open up in there 30s. Maybe their careers are in a good place so they can focus on other things like relationships. Maybe things are more acceptable now than they were 15 years ago. I think a lot of people open up their options a bit as they get older regardless of race, gender, or background. I have also read a few articles stating that people are getting married older. So, I think this may have less to do with race and gender and more to do with the current trend of dating in the western world.

8. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Oh, maybe I misunderstood, I thought he meant younger women dating older men, after re reading it, yeah it looks like he was asking about older women dating out of their own race.

For that, perhaps the women are more mature, and know what they want and become more open to men of other races.

9. PeeJay

PeeJay New Member

Bingo! this is exactly what i meant. i thought it was because they have less to lose. they wouldn't have to deal with racist family relatives, from whom they may need support.

10. The Dark King

Yeah I agree. I've definitely dated people I would have never had any hopes of dating if not for things like MySpace or certain dating apps.
    It' was really hard to see who's actually open to black dudes when I was younger.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

Just like most things, there is not one reason for all.

For some it may be lack of options, or some sort of experiment/fantasy/fetish.

For many it's a matter of more options, more freedom, being past the point where they are so concerned with what others may think. More confidence as we grow and mature, maybe the ability to be more assertive in what we want. I know there are those on here who don't believe it, but there are those of us who still have choices of other men and we prefer Black men. For many we always have.

I think the internet has made it easier for some who may have just *thought* about things to venture out in a way that they may feel safer too. More ways to test the waters. There are a lot of people who weren't exposed to IR as they were growing up.

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! I was always interested IR dating, but growing up in the inner city... There were no white people in my area of the Bronx and the extent of my IR dating was limited to people of color until I was in college. Then later the internet age definitely made things even easier. I'm certain that had I grown up in the area in which I live now??? I definitely would've dated IR from a young age, and likely have a few light brown children:)

13. K

K Well-Known Member

Yep...I still have a love/hate thing with the internet because it's much easier to figure out who's open to IR but then there's so much crap with the internet too.

14. The Dark King

Yall two get a pass considering your age lol
    DNY you never ventured into Manhattan or Queens? I heard it was poppin as far as the IR scene back in the day.
    Did you dorm when you were at college?

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yes, sir! Actually, I was one of the New Yorkers who explored as much as possible. First... As a youngster, I was very much a subway buff, so I was always out exploring. In high school I used to frequent Manhattan, especially Washington Heights, Queen Village, and Flushing, but my steady girlfriends were mostly in my in school and neighborhood. In those days... Most of them were latinas. I went to Baruch College. In those days they didn't have dorms (I don't know if they do now), but that's when I was truly hanging out all over especially in various areas Queens, and yes, I then dated WW too. Sadly, I passed up on other WW because I didn't want to continue dealing with the issues that come with it from the closed-minded folks

16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting responses here, as someone who grew up in overwhelmingly White areas (New Hampshire and Arizona), I have always dated IR, from my first girlfriend to my wife. I have had a handful of women reach out to me over the years and express regret that when we were younger (high school, college, ect.) and they were clearly interested in me, they could not bring themselves to stand up to pressure from parents/ friends ect.

While I hope I have been gracious in accepting their regret, there is a part of me that feels a twinge of irritation that they are now reaching out in hope to rekindle something when there is no/much less risk to them.

17. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I would be irritated too. To me, if you're not willing to be by my side during the difficult times, I don't want you by my side when it's smooth sailing. I know when we're young we make mistakes, but some chances don't come around twice. Tough lesson learned for them, I'm sure.

18. The Dark King

Baruch no wonder you studied accounting. Wish I knew about that little gem when I was doing grad. Cheaper with a top ten reputation.
    Still no dorms.
    Dude if you were dating in Washington heights no wonder your women were Latina lol.
    It's so weird to me there was ever time in NY where anyone would give you a hard time. Everyone is forced to be around everyone out here.

19. The Dark King

Most people are cowards not surprised one but.

20. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

What do you say that BM that date ww after the age 50?

I believe there various reasons and to be honest I don't give a fuck.

People may decide outside their race thinking "I'm just looking for happiness no matter the race"