Dating Codes

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by K, Oct 19, 2016.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

This is sortof a spin off of the Lies Women Tell thread.

Post some of the things people say, things they put in dating profiles, etc that are often code for something else.

For example:

A man saying he's looking for a woman who's independent, it's code for you pay your way cause I can't/won't.

A woman saying she likes younger men because they are more energetic and active means she's looking for someone who can get it up and keep it up.

Retired or Self-Employed, its code for unemployed.

"athletic" body type, it's code for - once upon a time I had an athletic body, or I wish I had an athletic body

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

This should be good. :)

3. K

K Well-Known Member

body type - "prefer not to say", "curvy", "voluptuous" = overweight/fat

"just ask" = I don't know what to say and I'm just going to tell you whatever you want to hear.

I don't do drama = I'm the biggest drama king/queen out there!

I like to take things slow = Unless I'm really into you, then I'm going to push it to go really fast.

No, I don't do things like that = I do, but either I'm not going to with you, and/or I don't want you to think I'm easy or a big freak.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Ha! Word on the "curvy" shit and "just ask".

Not here for a hookup=I'm screening out the ones who give up and selecting from the hot ones who still hit me up that I wanna fuck.

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best=I'm not interesting/original and likely have a serious character flaw

You know my name, not my story=I've done some fucked up shit

If you have selfies in the mirror, don't hit me up=All my pics are selfies though

Hobbies are Shopping/Partying/Dancing/Hanging out/Having fun=my life is boring/not about shit

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Love to travel = if you're gonna pay for it

I like to go to museums = a damn lie how often people go to the museum maybe twice a year. Something you do twice a year isn't a hobby.

Damn near everyone should put watch Netflix and drink.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I noticed that any woman who uses the phrase, "real man", in their "what I look for in a guy" section, more often than not is a super drama queen/manipulative or some crazy stuff. LOL, apparently anyone who can't handle the drama isn't real.

I've also noticed that those who tell me they work for a "powerful firm" normally aren't lying, but they are either a temp or they are in a dead-end position with no chance of promotion.

I've also noticed the "I live a very active lifestyle and love to go out and experience life" types are living paycheck to paycheck or are in the red.

The last few times I tried online dating I noticed a large amount of women sending me messages asking why, "working out is so important and why it's a deal breaker for you". As if you couldn't tell I'm in the gym rather often from my photos, and somehow you assumed that you wouldn't have to hit the gym too.

Online dating sites exist purely for the entertainment, and nothing more.

7. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

"Looking to date young, trying to have fun and feel youthful again" = I don't wanna grow up, I wanna feel like I'm 21 my whole life.

"Trying to date older, I'm an old soul and very mature for my age. I was born in the wrong generation" = I am broke and need a sugar momma/ daddy to help me through these tough times.

"Looking for someone who's great with kids" = Wants to turn you into a step dad/ mom.

"I'm a creative and artistic person." = Will turn your home into a tacky ass mess if you let them move in. Will wear eye bleeding outfits when you take them out.

"I'm a naturalist" = Poor personal hygiene, probably smells terrible, hair looks like a birds nest, and they probably don't shave anywhere.

"I'm religious but open to dating out of my beliefs" = They will try to convert you every chance they get.

"My pets are like my children" = Prepare to compete with the person's dog/ cat/ bird/ snake/ etc. for attention.

"My parents are staying with me" = I never moved out.

"I'm a bit of a gamer" = Plays videogames 24/7.

"I just like to chill" = Gets high and/ or drunk 24/7.

"All my exes are crazy" = Person is crazy, leave while you can.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I won't give you my number=I'm here for validation unless you're hot, then I'll meet

Education says Masters at 21 years old=I hope they fall for this shit

Just got out of a long relationship=Looking for a rebound

9. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I like to laugh... I don't know what the code word is but who the fuck doesn't?

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not looking for anything serious = Not until we start fucking

Not looking for anything serious = But I still hope you are

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

= I'll try not to make your life miserable.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Please, no jealous no men. I want someone secure. = I am a shameless flirt and I expect you to be okay with me damn near trying to cuckold you for all the world to see.

13. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

"No time for broke ass men"=I don't have anything either, but I hope you have a car, your own place and money for me to get my hair did"

14. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

10+ pictures on their profile = I'm an attention whore

15. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

All bedroom selfies

16. 1449225

Pictures of random scenery
    Pictures of pets
    Pictures of Grandma
    Pictutes of Grandpa
    Pics of niece/nephew/godkid(s)
    Obligatory animal/flower filter pic

Shit look more like a facebook page than a dating profile

17. K

K Well-Known Member

Pictures of every trip they've ever taken.

18. 1449225

Pictures of every marathon they ever ran

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So basically it's all attention starved people saying they want a connection but just judging people on superficial shit while treating dating like shoe shopping

20. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Basically.