The self improvement thread: What are you doing to enrich your life?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Sep 11, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn that had to be one hell of a break up

2. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

It was and thank goodness its over. I think that is why people often go back to toxic relationships. They leave a window cracked somewhere and allow the toxicity to seep back in. For me, it was no mas :)

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Child preach. I broke up with my ex and even though I knew being with her was the most vile experience I'd ever had with a woman I was always willing to "work it out" because I was so use to her. The worst part of toxic people is they're silent it's not always in your face until you're in a shouting match over napkins and your blood pressure is through the roof.

4. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

People stay in toxic relationships cause they don't want to be alone. I had to learn to say "I'm out" I rather be alone than ALLOW someone to make me miserable.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Then there are those of us who go to the other extreme and may be avoiding relationships because of the fear of toxicity. We end up in the "I'd rather be alone" and we are....for many years.

6. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Agreed to a point..It my case I believed in potential that was never acted upon because of his fear. I decided I did not need a coward.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

You have to go with what someone shows you.

8. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah. I have met those people