'Power' Actor Omari Hardwick furiously defends his Wife from online taunters

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Bliss, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I don't watch the series on HBO/STARZ, don't know him, but I did see the insults geared towards him and her race and face, a bit last week.

He has come out swinging...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://cdn.hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/omari-hardwick
    -wife-1.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More of his Twitter responses in this link
    http://i2.mediatakeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Omari_Fight_Wife3.jpg

I think he did a great job setting them straight.

(the rest of the tweets in the link from page 4 on are from BW questioning his life choices, his mental state for choosing a 'white wife', his sanity, blah blah.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He def needs his own thread in the LLR :smt118 *runs to get started *

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

We're thoroughly addicted to Power but I must admit I know very little about this man outside of his participation in that show. He did what any decent man would do though...he stood up for his wife (much more respectfully than others may have, I might add). She doesn't need to concern herself with anyone's idea of beauty besides her husbands. Clearly he thinks she's sexy...he married her. That's about all that matters. Jealousy brings out the true ugliness in people.

3. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

PREACH!!

4. FRESH

FRESH New Member

I don't think that last picture is him...

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I don't know if that beautiful child he is holding is the one who died, (I think the pic was taken this weekend), but the compounding attacks upon his wife would break anyone to respond.

She has never put herself out there to be taunted on what essentially would require her to have to get facial plastic surgery and tan, in order to satisfy her taunters.
    (in no way am I suggesting she do that either, I'm pointing out that this isn't ridiculing her for an outlandish dress style/outfit, or hairstyle or make-up that can be modified in an instant, they are attacking her birth-face and race.)

Plus I have seen other pics of her and she looks nice in them.

Seriously, she has never embarrassed him or given anyone any reason to question them as a couple. No one knows the bond and love they share.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's not. Lol

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh no? Ha ha, I did wonder a bit with the face, but it said it was, so I believed it.

ps: who is it??? He's gorggg!

8. FRESH

FRESH New Member

We all know the flack they are giving this girl is unwarranted, it's just jealously pure narrow minded haters.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well hopefully they will back off, but I doubt it. If nothing else, he has gained a new fan here. <3

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It is not unusual that this man would get this kind of criticism. I have never seen Power. Looking at this man, he would attract any woman. But he chose only one woman. If someone says that they are married, then that means unavailable. He has done the right thing by standing by his wife. But black women have fantasies about black men who "have it all." If he is unavailable and married, the question of what his wife looks like comes up. They feel like his wife is "not one of us." Well, they are right. She is not. And if she was not white, she is still not "one of them" since she is no longer single. White men have the same feelings about white women who date or are married, interracially or not.

11. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I don't know who he is, but there are definitely a couple of threads in the Ladies Room where he'd be a great addition. ;)

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

When did FantasyFanGrl marry Omari?

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly.....people who throw shade are usually unhappy with their own lives.

I bet you 90% of them are in church but spewing that shit.
    I checked a bw on that regardong tiger when he first married.

I pointed out number 12. Broke it down. Needless to say she was very stumped. Note she loved talking about how much she love church.

14. FRESH

FRESH New Member

I hope they do back off, if more people only realized that the characters he plays are just that, characters. He's doing his job, commend him for that & leave him alone, don't follow him home. I watched him on the TNT network on a show Dark Blue (09'-'10).

15. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Yup :smt045

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This all day!

I think with all the Social Media avenues that actors avail themselves to, the fans of today are blurring the lines even greater. In particular however, I think because there are so few (handsome) Black male characters, the fandom is heightened and perhaps personalized even more-so, in that they can't shake the distinction that he's actually an actor - they see BM first, who acts?

I could be totally wrong on that, though.

17. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Indeed. You are very true in what you've said.

18. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Don't fall for the troll bait, Bliss is up to her usual agenda driven created threads. Out of the numerous blogs speaking of this incident, she chooses this one to continue painting black women in a negative light which isn't surprising because of her history of public disdain for black women.

I read the Twitter posts, 95% of the tweets was based on Omaris wife's facial aesthetics. The "ugly" tweets came from women and men. Y'all can sit here and play this kumbaya we are the world politically correct game... Thankfully black Twitter continues to speak up and don't beat around the bush regarding numerous subjects.

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

BW put themselves in a negative light with constant racist hatred of WW and BM.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No, not unusual at all. It's so common at this point, it's instantly recognizable. The disgusting racial epitaphs thrown at her I have seen all over the past week will have you throwing up. Great post, Gorath.