Rock/metal bands.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by EuroChick, Oct 23, 2014.

1. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Do you guys like rock or metal music? What's everyone's favorite band (if you had to pick just one)?
    :smt034:rock::smt020

2. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I used to listen to it more than I do now. I want to give a list, but you asked for just one.... so, of the more 'current' bands, it'll probably The Black Crowes.,. and yes, I realize they're not really current.

3. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I have remedy on repeat

4. Raudi

Raudi Member

Hands down would have to be Metallica.

Here's some bassface......
    [​IMG]

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Slipknot is my all time favorite heavy metal band. Here is a few of my all time favorite heavy metal songs I listen to all day long.

[YOUTUBE]lRNYp1IiUuE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JJ0AlNXG0lM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DnGdoEa1tPg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CD-E-LDc384[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hxgoGzX7xfs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qxHgVBpKNEo[/YOUTUBE]

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I was exposed to rock when I was little when hard rock was played on AM radio at night. I had listened to Led Zepplin a great deal(A Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog and Immigrants Song were always in my head). The Guess Who's American Woman played often(American Woman was an ant- American song about the Statue Of Liberty). Then The Who, Alice Cooper, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles.
    Later came Bad Company, Bad Finger, Peter Frampton, Thin Lizzy and KISS.
    I discovered Rush in my junior year in high school. Motley Crue, Guns & Roses, Bon Jovi, GTR, Cinderella, Ratt, Night Ranger, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iron Maiden, Living Color and others in the late 80's. Then Queens Of The Stone Age( I love No One Knows). What I like about rock and metal was the creative approach in every musician, the force and passion can be heard and felt.

7. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

>99% of new bands suck major ass these days. I never got into The Black Crowes. I think they're a little to mellow for me, lol. What other bands do you like? Don't have to be current.

8. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Do you like Metallica's new stuff as much as their old stuff?

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I'm just impressed there's a white woman on here who actually likes white music. Shocking!

10. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

You're into j-rock? How about some j-pop:
    http://vimeo.com/30767628

:D

11. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

For classic rock, my all-time favorite band has always been Pink Floyd. Although I went through a MAJOR Guns & Roses phase in middle school. lol

12. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Maybe I'm impressed by black boys who actually like "white music" too. :twisted:

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I didn't fully appreciate Pink Floyd until 1987 when I purchased A Momentary Lapse Of Reason and the concert album A Delicate Sound Of Thunder(the first concert album I ever purchased). From then on, I was hooked. Later, a friend of mine introduced me to a renaissance themed band called Blackmore's Night( a band started by Richie Blackmore from Deep Purple and Rainbow and his wife Candace Night who has a beautiful voice). They play at renaissance fairs all over the world. I saw a Montreaux Jazz Festival concert with Deep Purple. One of the lead members of the band pointed to a black guy on lead guitar(who played the guitar very well and kept up with the band)and said, " Hey, it's Richie Moreblack!" It wasn't at all racist. It simply meant that the member of Deep Purple and Richie Blackmore didn't have the best rapport or something like it(with rock, there are so many variations of in-fighting stories as it is in other musical genres).

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I sure do. That snl skit is very accurate of Japanese culture lol

15. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Very interesting. :) Have you ever been to any renaissance fairs, including any of the ones they have in SoFla?

16. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

lol, yeah. I thought of it as soon as I saw your j-rock videos. I love SNL. :D

17. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

My rock preferences are generally classic, southern and blues. I think you were looking for more along the lines of metal though?

Hendrix
    Led Zeppelin
    Hanson
    Aerosmith
    Bon Jovi

In all honesty, my experience in Rock / Metal is mostly from growing up watching MTV before it was a reality TV station. Beyond that, I've picked up a little bit in learning to play guitar. So even the artists that I do know, I probably cannot speak very much to their entire body of work. With the exceptions of Hendrix and Hanson.

And, though it was not directed to me. 'Yes' to Renaissance festival, every year at Quiet Waters.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

That alone makes you marriage material especially on this forum

19. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Have you seen the Hendrix movie with Andre 3000? I haven't yet, but need to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmI5QRatUL4

Yup, I'm at Quiet Waters every year too. I live right up the street from it, actually. :)

20. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Well, thank you. :smt109