Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Meanwhile,Woody Allen is hunky dory in spite of Roman Farrow statement in Hollywood magazine. Polanski,the same. Allen made a joke,people gasped,and nothing else.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know who Bill Cosby pissed off, but it's clear they're not going to stop until he's behind bars.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

About 58 women and all sorts of others.

I don't think he'll end up behind bars. But it will definitely help fuel the lawsuits.

4. DudeNY12

Agreed! I think he'll pay out a lot of money, and perhaps he'll even issue some apologies, but I'd be suprised if he saw any prison time.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

I have a tough time believing there will be any apologies.

This all may ruin him financially though...and it's deserved.

6. DudeNY12

I say it because I think that he will be advised to settle (if that hasn't already happened), and part of it may have been an apology. Clearly an apology wouldn't be sincere.

At first I thought women were after money but I think there's something here, and he's finally going to be held accountable.

I have to feel for the victims because in addition to the horrors of being a rape/sexual assault victim... They also were living with this because it was unlikely that anyone would believe them.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is something that is really prevalent for those of us who have gone through it. It must be extra difficult to see him become "America's Dad" and held up as some sort of moral higher ground.

I don't know that they can "settle" what's going on right now. It's a criminal situation and I think the only "settling" would be if there was a plea deal.

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

There are A LOT of moving parts to this trial. First this is a criminal charge so there is nothing to "settle", he will either be found guilty or not guilty or take a plea to a lesser charge. The fact that the prior DA did not find enough evidence to prosecute this charge 10 years ago, and the fact that she waited a year to even bring the charges the first time 10 years ago, means the prosecution will have an uphill battle to prove guilt.

The prosecution did win a big victory when it was ruled that criminal charges could be filed despite an agreement 10 years ago between Cosby and the DA, that Cosby would not be prosecuted on these charges as part of his civil settlement with the alleged victim.

I have stated before that the fact that he admitted to procuring illegal drugs for sex, and that he already paid his accuser to settle the civil side of things, well that is about as close to finding him holding a smoking gun as it gets in these kinds of cases. That being said, the law says that we must go into this thinking he is innocent until proven guilty, none of us were in that room with Cosby and the women involved, and him being a very wealthy and famous guy makes him a target for those looking for a payday based on he said/she said evidence.

This is tragic all the way around but should be interesting to watch.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Quaaludes at that. That's like procuring alcohol and pot before a fun night. If it were roofies that would be another story.

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

DNY12,something must had pissed off someone higher up. I remember many years back Cosby wanted to buy a part of NBC.

11. DudeNY12

My bad. I was actually thinking of a plea deal, but with so many coming forward I'm starting to doubt they'll be much of a deal (if any) for Cosby.

12. DudeNY12

Right, that was my thinking in my first post. This stayed quiet for so long, and as K said... He was seen as "America's Dad", and any accuser likely wouldn't have been taken seriously.

Even when this started getting lots of attention some months ago... A lot of people were still thinking Cosby was innocent.

13. K

K Well-Known Member

I think the shift happened when the depos got out where he admitted things. I think that's when people started realizing that he's done some shit and wasn't on such the high moral ground afterall. He built a pedestal for himself that was bound to crumble.

14. DudeNY12

Good points. As someone who grew up watching his show on Saturday AM, in movies, and later on the Cosby sitcom.... It was extra disappointing to hear. In the end, I do hope the victims can finally get some form of closure.

You're right about the pedestal, and I suspect that he was certain that he'd never fall off of it.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Maybe it was overcompensating for the disgusting things he was doing.

Hard to say...can't make sense out of crazy.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Combination of overcompensating as well as provide cover/deflection for what he was obviously doing.

17. DudeNY12

Agreed! It's absolutely crazy and many other things. My heart goes out to the victims.

Wealth and power will do that. I'm not claiming to be a goody-goody, but I can't imagine how he could live with himself. My co-worker suggested that he probably blocks it out and/or convinces himself that it's not that bad.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

However this plays out, what he was saying about the current state of the black comunity is still true. But, now that very important message, from one of our once most respected leaders, is being swept under the rug. That concerns me more than anything. We should not through out the good because of the possible bad.

I'm still on the fence about this whole thing. But, admittedly, I have seen somethings up close that could be clouding my judgment.

19. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

I remember him playing tennis against Farrah Fawcett

It was televised on TV a long time ago...

I wonder if he tried...

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

What he said could be said about anybody(especially those wetbacks in Cali you're up to your neck in)...others just don't eat their own like that in public.

Cosby hypocritically lashing out against his own people is the reason he's in this mess right now...that comedian called his funky-ass a rapist and it's been downhill for his coon-ass ever since.