Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

A lot of people are under the false assumption that they can control their kids.

I think that's what happened with Cersei and Joffrey.

I only started watching this show like in November, maybe. I was getting one disc at a time with 2 episodes from Netflix.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw season 5 on sale at Target and jumped on it.

I basically binge watched season 5 this weekend and started on season 6.

Last night, I was up until almost 1 watching the show. At lunch today, I watched the most recent episode. I was literally crying at my desk by the end of the episode.

I always equated Hodor with Hagrid from Harry Potter (in case no one knows the reference). I wasn't much of a fan of Hagrid and would have been perfectly happy if Rowling had killed him off in the 7th book. But, I digress. I didn't really think much of Hodor until this episode.

I'm very unhappy with GoT right now.

Thoughts about the series in general:

Thought 1:
    As I was hearing yet the 2nd direwolf this season being killed, I began to really question what George R.R. Martin was thinking when he added the direwolves in the story, just to apparently, kill them off with impunity.

Then I began to remember that the Stark sigil is a direwolf and there are only 2 direwolves left now - Ghost (Jon Snow's - I was surprised they didn't kill his direwolf, too) and Nymeria (Arya's - since we don't have confirmation it died out in the wild, we can only assume it's still around somewhere).

It got me thinking that maybe the direwolves are the key to figuring out which Stark descendant ends up ruling Winterfell.

Thought 2:
    I really, really, really want Ramsay Bolton to suffer egregiously by Sansa's hands.

Thought 3:
    Poor Sansa. She's endured a crap ton during this series. It's nice to see her finally starting to take control of her own destiny. And I'm so loving Brienne now. And the reunion between Jon and Sansa brought me to tears, too. It reminded me how much I miss seeing the Stark children together.

Thought 4:
    The end of season 6, episode 4 where Dany comes out of the flaming hut after killing all of the Dothraki leaders was so powerful, I nearly got up and bowed down to her myself.

Thought 5:
    A friend of mine was wondering if Bran isn't behind the "Mad King" Aerys Targaryen hearing voices. They're showing that Bran is having an effect on the past, so I thought this was an interesting theory.

Anyway, now that I'm total caught up with GoT, I can talk freely about it. Yay!!!

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I would love it so much more if it were Theon that killed Ramsey. Say what you will about Sansa's suffering but it reminds me of when the slave girl asked Tyrion how many days he was in slavery. I feel for her definitely but I Theon lost his cock and had it delivered to his family. I'd rather see Sansa get her revenge with the Lanisters.
    Also when she had her exchange with Little Finger I kept wondering why dude didn't mention he helped assassinate a king for her and when her crazy ass aunt was ready to throw her out of the moon door he saved her and killed her aunt for her.
    Little Finger is just playing the hand he was dealt and tried to help her as much as he could. I think the death of each wolf is literally the death of who they were and the death of their childhoods.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dude, Littlefinger is directly the cause of all of the Starks' misfortunes. He more than likely had a hand in the death of Jon Arryn which lead to the Starks coming to King's Landing in the first place. Everything he does is a power play in some regards. He does nothing unless it benefits him in someway. Sansa surprisingly has caught on to his game.

4. The Dark King

Not really I'd blame the Lanisters way more. Ned Stark didn't have to die no one saw Joffrey's sadistic nature coming.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't think Littlefinger's plot is as detailed as people think it is. He probably knows that an intricate and detailed plan is vulnerable to collapse if it needs to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances. He probably has just an outline of a plan, which lets him move pieces in and out and make adjustments on the fly.

For instance, when he had Lyssa kill her own husband, and then send that note to her sister blaming the Lannisters. He knew the fallout would end up eliminating The Starks or the Lannisters as a threat to him. And if it happened to be the Lannisters instead of the Starks, he would have went after the Starks in another way.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. The Dark King

I agree with this

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Littlefinger wasn't trying to kill Ned. His end game with Ned the whole time was to get him stripped of his status and banished to the Wall since he still was in love with Catelyn and always had been. He figured he'd get in good with Catelyn the same way he had with her crazy sister and eventually become the Lord of Winterfell. Joffrey threw the swerve and so he fell into his next best move for power which was marrying Lyssa Arryn to become Lord of the Vale.

8. Bookworm616

Agreed. Littlefinger does nothing if it doesn't benefit him.

As for TDK's wondering why he didn't bring that all up to Sansa when she was berating him for what he did, it's because everything he "did for Sansa" was for himself.

He "saved" Sansa from the Lannisters to bring her to her family. But, whilst at the Vale, he knows that Lysa has a very tenuous hold on her sanity, and he uses Sansa to force Lysa over the edge. He makes sure to marry Lysa first, so he has rights to the Vale. Then he kisses Sansa on the lips when he knows Lysa will be watching. This pushes Lysa over the edge and she tries to murder Sansa, and Littlefinger comes in just in the nick of time to save Sansa (again) and ensuring that Sansa sees him as her savior and will remain loyal to him.

Then he marries her off to a sadistic psychopath because that puts a Stark back at Winterfell. Then I'm sure his plan was to gather an army, save Sansa again, and then maybe she would marry him in gratitude. Since he can't have Catelyn anymore, he will want the next best thing.

Sansa, unfortunately for Littlefinger, caught on to his game and now he likely will need to crawl back into a hole and figure out his next move.

Though the fact that he put out there about the Tully's regaining Riverrun is a little suspect, and the fact that Sansa didn't tell Jon how she got that information makes me wonder if Littlefinger still has a little tiny hold on Sansa, whether she admits it to herself or not.

9. Bookworm616

Maybe Theon and Sansa can kill him together. They both do have a claim on that, IMO.

I don't think you should downplay Sansa's suffering. She was forced to watch her father be murdered by her fiance. Then her fiance forced her to look at her father's head on a spike. Her fiance had her beat up on more than one occasion. When she was no longer any use to him, he humiliated her in front of the court at King's Landing by exposing her and having her beaten up. Even when Joffrey had a new betrothed, he still emotionally abused Sansa any way he could.

Then she gets brutally raped, repeatedly, and beaten up, repeatedly, by her husband.

She has quite the claim for mental, physical, and sexual abuse suffered at the hands of many people.

Yes, Theon became a eunuch and was also mentally abused, but I don't think his suffering is any more or any less than Sansa's.

10. The Dark King

Dude is your arm hurting from all that reaching? lol
    He didn't need to bring Sansa to mess with Lysa's sanity the chick was already bat shit not to mention he only killed her when she was a threat to Sansa that moon door was always there he didn't need her as an excuse. And as the Boltons and the Greyjoys have shown us, you don't need a Stark to take Winterfell. Especially the castle of a traitor beheaded by the king.
    And selfish or not (even though there was absolutely no way to tell that Lysa would go after Stansa especially in a way where he could save her in the nick of time. Remember she uses poison) her life was saved

11. The Dark King

Agree to disagree. She didn't get abused and also lose an actual body part that makes him essentially useless. No claim to his birth right because he can't produce an heir. Laughed at and ridiculed because of what happened to him. Sorry he suffered far worst and will continue to suffer long after Ramsey and the Lanisters die (presumably). He had a piece of his body amputated.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You honestly think he wasn't waiting for the right circumstances to kill Lyssa? Littlefinger is the ultimate opportunist. He didn't need what went down with Lyssa & Sansa as a reason to kill Lyssa. The circumstances played out in his favor that allowed him to get rid of Lyssa and continue to portray himself as someone looking out for Sansa's welfare & interests. At best he viewed Sansa as a potential (younger) substitute for Catelyn, but overall she was nothing but a pawn for him to use as/when necessary.

13. The Dark King

I just don't buy that he's that evil and calculated. And if he were then the moment she accused him of saving her just to give her to another monster that would have been the perfect time to remind her that he saved her life but he didn't.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who said that Littlefinger was evil? He's a self serving opportunist. That doesn't automatically mean that he is evil. If killing someone or other unsavory deeds help him further his goals he has no problem doing it, but it doesn't mean he purposefully sets out to do it or actually enjoys it.

Now Ramsay....that's evil. Everything he does is for the sole purpose of personal gratification. He gives no fucks.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Coldhands......:D

16. The Dark King

who dat?

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Benjen Stark.

In the novels when Bran & crew were trying to find the Three Eyed Raven, they ran across a mysterious hooded figure dressed in Night's Watch attire who guided and protected them until they reached the cave of the Three Eyed Raven. Bran & crew referred to him as "Coldhands" because he had blackened, cold (dead) hands.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

19. Bookworm616

^^^^^^^^^

Can't wait!

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]s33R4VWTTO4[/YOUTUBE]