Keenan & Brittany Breakup?!

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Jul 11, 2011.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

2. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't expecting them to get married so...

3. botoan

botoan Active Member

I read that they broke up also, she was the only reason why I would pause to take a glimpse of The Game.[​IMG] I read BET has reduced her role since they bought the series rights. I assume they did want to upset too many Sistas, she is the only woman on there that is really attractive to me.

4. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

she is sexy as hell, but it was unfair she got paid more, to me it was an ensemble cast.

5. botoan

botoan Active Member

She was paid the same as everyone else before. Now she is the least paid, because she is no longer considered a regular cast member (this will also hurt her royalty claims later on).

She got screwed to be frank.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

If thats true, BET ought to be ashamed of themselves, for doing what mainstream networks used to do to black actors for years. Her race shouldn't be a factor. You would think they (BET) would know better.

7. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

BET is owned by Viacom, therefore it's really no longer a black owned corporation. Had BET did get acquired by Viacom, they probably would have to kept her pay the same. Of course, this is pure speculation.

8. TERRASTAR18

http://www.allthebestgossip.com/2010/11/white-actress-brittany-daniels-from.html
    ignore the hate in the article-
    Tia Mowry (as Melanie Barnett) - $50K per episode
    Pooch Hall (as Derwin Davis) - $40K per episode
    Coby Bell (as Jason Pitts) - $35K per episode
    Wendy Raquel Robinson (as Tasha Mack) - $35K per episode
    Hosea Chanchez (as Malik Wright) - $35K per episode
    Brittany Daniel (as Kelly Pitts) - $75K per episode

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

BET is a shit network.

Yeah I said it.

10. LA

LA Well-Known Member

And mediatakeout definitely has no slanted agenda...

11. botoan

botoan Active Member

I stand corrected if that is true...kinda, she only works 6 episodes per season now.

However, I wonder if they lost viewers having her on less shows. Like I said I watched it for her. Who knows? She did say it was about money.

Tia Mowry (as Melanie Barnett) - $50K per episode + 13= $650,000.00
    Pooch Hall (as Derwin Davis) - $40K per episode + 13= $520,000.00
    Coby Bell (as Jason Pitts) - $35K per episode + 13 = $455,000.00
    Wendy Raquel Robinson (as Tasha Mack) - $35K per episode + 13 = $455,000.00
    Hosea Chanchez (as Malik Wright) - $35K per episode + 13 = $455,000.00
    Brittany Daniel (as Kelly Pitts) - $75K per episode + 6 = $450,000.00

(Yes, I was bored, LOL)

She makes a little less but, does not work as much. She mentioned in the article that she preferred to work every week. I have no idea what the contracts they had before Viacom/BET took over the show.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm more surprised by Tia mowry's salary. Her character is totally played out and boring now

13. TERRASTAR18

you have no qualms about them when they post a story about the newest bm/ww couple. i used another link that happened to use mto info because someone asked me about it...

14. TERRASTAR18

i agree with you. to me it's an ensemble show that works best when all of them are there. they tried to use the excuse that her guy on the show wouldn't be around as much, on account of his role on burn notice. but they could have a made a better effort to keep the cast together.

15. Iggy

Iggy Banned

thats too bad. They looked great together.

Holla at me Brittany;)

16. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Do you think it's because a few years back she had her own show and would be considered a "name" with draw?? Who knows in show biz..

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Perhaps but then why is Britney Daniels earning more then. I know she had a hit tv show (Sweet Valley High) and did some movies but I don't think she's worth 25 grand more an episode. I guess that's the advantage of being white on a blak show?

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

More like the best-looking female on the entire show.

19. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

For real, and she had some stiff competition. The girl who played Drew was fine as hell.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Correction:

BET is a shit-stain on the drawers of the black community. smh