Actor Derek Luke defends Wife on Twitter

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Bliss, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They've been married 17 years, have a 9 yr old child together, and they love each other. Beautiful couple.

[​IMG]

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Disgusting how racially ignorant people are in this world. If anyone has ever heard of what he did for her at Independent Spirit Awards awhile back here is the brief story >>http://www.contactmusic.com/derek-luke/news/luke-leaves-wife-sobbing-at-spirit-awards-

These two are so in love it's beautiful no matter what race they are. But these cold people who obviously have NOT experience real love, don't give a fuck, he's not with a black woman so it's like fuck their love go after them... and they always call her white when she is a latina. Just proving their racial ignorance.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

People get stuck on race but not if they are happy

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Good for him! I've always thought they were an adorable couple (and I've always thought Derek Luke was yummy too). :D

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

U can ignore bs for only so long

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Like the late, great Richard Pryor said, " Nobody wants to see the black man happy." 19 years together is a long time for interracial couples. People who slander a couple because of their different racial make-up as a couple are simply having no life of their own whatsoever. Derek shouldn't even give the haters any screen time at all. He should just give the a lot of something else; shade. Don't bring haters to the light. They don't deserve it. Love on.

7. Milk N Cookiez

Milk N Cookiez New Member

That's a real man. Gorgeous couple

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Is she Hispanic?? She looks Middle Eastern or Indian too.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah i feel ya

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She likely falls under the umbrella of Caucasian...Regardless, in their eyes she is non-black, and that's all they see.

That article was wonderful to read..He just adores her...what a team. :smt008
    Thanks for the anecdote, DC.

11. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Good for them. They are happy together. That is all that matters. Let the unhappy suffer.

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's a Mexican/Chicana mestiza (mixed Aztec/indigenous and Spaniard).

And much respect to him for telling those people where they can get off. People kill me having opinions about what is taking place in someone else's bedroom.

13. darkcurry

:) You're welcome.

14. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

Let's be for real here. The problem is when a BLACK MAN dates outside of his race (especially when it is a white woman). When a black woman dates or marries a white man, they don't have a problem with that. But somehow when a black man does it, there is a problem and he is a traitor to his race.

This narrative has carried on for far too long

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Society has a problem with black men enjoying the same sexual rights and prerogatives that white men enjoy. It's still sexist, in that men have privileged access over women, but it centers of social prohibition of full freedom to black men to do as they please in the way that white men do.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Bullshit

17. darkcurry

They have a problem with it, just not to the levels when black men do it.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yes but bm also have a problem with theirs and with IR period.

Dont act like bm are cool with wwbm relations as well as bwwm.

19. darkcurry

I'm not, I said they have a problem with it. I was speaking within levels.

20. darkcurry

Also I am not generalizing ANY race, in case anyone else are reading me wrong.