Orphan Black

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Since I know there are a few people here who got into the first season, did anyone else catch the season 2 premiere last night? Thoughts on the overall series thus far & where things may go or should go in your opinion?

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I started watching the first series and have enjoyed the storyline thus far. I am quite a ways behind, only on episode 4/season 1.

How do you like the show?

3. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I watched the first season, but we don't have the new season here yet.

I love the idea of it, multiple clones and all that, the housewife one was hilarious, then the whole ownership thing at the end of the last one was pretty scary.
    I think it needs more money spent on it, to give it a more polished appearance, can't wait to watch the next season when it gets here.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Great show, I agree they need a bigger budget but great story telling.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I am digging the show so far. Interesting concept about cloning, corporations and whether or not scientifically engineered DNA is "property".

Interesting thing about the budget. I watched the behind the scenes/interview special they did on BBC America last week with the cast & series creators and originally the idea was for the series to be done as a movie with a bigger budget than the TV series, but of course a lot of things currently being played out & explored on the series may not have made it into a movie version because of time & story development limitations that go with movies.

6. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth, I'd take a series over a movie nowadays, some of the movies are just to short to really tell a story and are predictable because of it.
    Plus it's always the same people starring in them and TV epics like Orphan Black, Walking Dead (not game of thrones, lots of stars in that) and Supernatural introduce you to new faces and are much better actors IMO.

7. The Dark King

Has gone down hill since season 5. Use to be incredible

8. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

It did, but the men of letters storyline was great, I thought so anyway (pouts)
    I still got love for the show, Crowley being my fav character.

They had a meet the cast thing here at the 02 arena, I found out 2 days after, I can honestly say I was fuc*king gutted.:(
    Probably a good thing, would of shown myself up like a mad "Take That" fan :D
    [​IMG]

9. The Dark King

Pretty men who kill scary things whats not to like lol. But I agree the men of letters storyline is awesome, could be a spin off. I think they have truly milked it for all its worth with the monsters then laviathan then the angels not the knight of hell (which shouldn't be that scary since they confronted Lucifer and won)

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And that was when the series should have ended because once you confront what/who is considered the most evil of evil & win, any other evil & horror should be a piece of cake. And can't tell you how long ago I stopped watching the show by the way.

11. The Dark King

Real talk. Every season got better and better from the first to the fifth. Shame it went down hill

12. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Yes I absolutely hated the Laviathan story line, that had me only watching it if i was bored.
    I think I missed a few episodes from that actually, loved the idea of purgatory but what came out of it was bullshit.
    They could have done so much with it too, head flippy things like a warebear toy was weak.

13. The Dark King

That's the problem with great shows. Once its really popular all people can see are dollar signs and once that happens you get shitty seasons. Same thing happened with Smallville after season 5, same with True Blood, same with Charmed, same with Buffy after season 5, then great shows can't even get two seasons

14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ra, for letting me know this thread exists. :D

Yes, I'm late to the party, but I love love love this show. I only just finished watching the 8th episode of season 1, but I can't express how much I love this show.

And the lead actress - she is great. She's required to play like 1/2 of the characters on the show and she does a great job. I'm sure part of it is the writing and the costuming, but there are times when she's one of the other clones and I completely forget it's the same actress.

The only other show I can compare the whole "actress playing a doppelganger" is The Vampire Diaries, and IMO, Nina Dobrev isn't a good enough actress to pull it off completely. I don't know if it's just her voice (it always sounds strained to me like she has a cold or something) or what, but I never quite buy her as Katherine or her other doppelgangers.

But Tatiana Maslany, she has defined each of her characters so individually, down to their walks and the way they talk, that I do sometimes forget it's the same person.

I can't wait to see how the first season ends and I'm excited to watch the next season already. I'm glad I have a place to talk about this show! :smt023

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Glad they went with the TV series option over the original movie option. No way most of the finer story elements & details would have survived the big screen treatment.

16. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Agreed. The movie would be way too rushed and feel like every other movie like that.

17. Caerdydd

Caerdydd Active Member

Great show, and I want to see more of "Detective Angela"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]80waVn69GhU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WajPRRLyrcI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3hhtVoQsMeo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ANd-dIsecgY[/YOUTUBE]

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Anyone else been watching the new season thus far?

20. The Dark King

I have to wait for the season to be over and watch it one shot. I no longer possess the adequate amount of patience to do the week to week thing anymore lol