Thought on Plenty of Fish (POF) Dating Site

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by JEGSATX, Jun 19, 2016.

1. JEGSATX

JEGSATX New Member

Plenty of Fish(POF) is listed as a good dating site to meet older singles. If anyone has had experience with that dating site , Please contact me;)

2. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I've used a longtime ago. It was cool. Is it still free?

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I've used it off and on over the past few years with some...interesting results. The site's layout is like something out of 1995. It's really outdated and next to impossible to filter out people that you aren't compatible with. For example, living in the south means that a lot of white women won't date black men. Which is fine because it's a free country and they can date whoever they want to. But there's no way to hide or filter out those profiles in your search results.

The site's basic features are still free but for the more advanced features you have to pay. Since I refuse to pay for a dating site I don't know if the paid version is more user-friendly than the free version. When it comes to dating sites I prefer OKCupid the most. It's also free and it has a much better interface and is easier to navigate than POF, but that's just me.

4. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

I joined POF about the same time that I joined this site. To be honest, I gave up on both of them, but POF is more of a dating website whereas I gave up on WWBM because it's more of a social site.

I often wondered why I had no luck with POF or what other men might be doing. I never posted shirtless photos, draped myself across my Ninja or posed in front of a sports car with a suit on and, while women say they don't like these kinds of photos, I don't doubt that not doing these things is why I was rarely contacted by women (who were my type).

The other thing is that I'm really into fit/slim women and, for some unknown reason, I am a big girl magnet. Web or in person. I don't mean tall (well, sometimes they are tall and big), but I'm talking under 5-8 and in excess of 250lbs. Of course, being the honest asshole that I am, I would put exactly what I was looking for and what I wasn't looking or, but I would still get contacted by BBWs. I guess it was better than not being contacted at all.

Strategically, I don't think you can conduct unsavory behavior on a website that post your face. I would assume that you would get a lot of unhappy ladies bashing you so there was no sense in going out and sleeping with a woman that I knew I wouldn't have a relationship with if that's what she was looking for.

Either way, I would say to try it. It was and still should be free so it doesn't really cost you anything. Lots of those sites just seem to exaggerate membership numbers. I think if you've joined and quit, your profile pic is still active...along with all of the info about you. Your profile basically becomes bait for those browsing/thinking of joining the site.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I've used POF with mixed results. I simply count it as a good experiences since the connections were mostly good, but when they weren't good fits... It was no hard feelings. Only a couple of crazies, but overall a good experience and I'd do it again.

6. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

What about eharmony

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

You gotta pay for that, I think, so you're gonna find more serious people.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

What do you consider "older"?

I've been on different dating sites over the years. I'm 50. I usually get annoyed with them after a couple of weeks (if that long) and bail. I've met a few ok people on them.

I think as a man, you are going to have better results if YOU are the one out contacting women, especially if you are an older man. Women who are older still have it in their mind that men should approach....that's how we were raised. Any man who is older knows this.

Women get bombarded on dating sites. There's a lot of crap to weed through. The free sites are going to have even more crap to weed through. If you get a bunch of attention from those who aren't what you are looking for, so what....delete. Approach those who are more your type. I'll straight up put Black Men ONLY yet I will continue to get tons of messages from others.

And yes most men on there have shirtless pics, workout pics, and pics with their toys (motorcycles, expensive fast cars, etc) even those over 50. There is a large number of gym rat 40+ even 50+ on there. Women are going to do different things with that. Some aren't going to bother with those guys, some want those guys. It all depends on what you are looking for.

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

POF is like any other free dating site. Some girls are serious and want to meet up while others are just on their for validation to see how many messages they can get. Met a few girls off there.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Don't let that shit fool you. It's a test. If have a ripped body, social pics that make you look "cool", and have good style, that shit is out the window.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

I haven't done it. But my understanding is it's the most expensive, tough (if not impossible) to do for just a month, not much for IR, and on their "free trials" you aren't able to access everything.....may not even be able to see the pics - not sure on that.

12. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Depends on your location. For my city and the areas around it, it's completely not worth it. I brought the VIP membership too so I got to experience the site in it'd entirety. I have no problem capturing females interest but I found myself far too advance and superior to all the bum ass females on there.

Majority are broke as hell looking for a sucked for a come up, multiple children with multiple men, serious drug addictions, no decent future, eat out of control and do not work out, dumb as fuck and cannot think for themselves, and boring as hell when you attempt to get to know them.

Can really fuck up your esteem fucking with these bottom feeders too long. If you want to meet quality women online, you got to spend money and use match.com

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

How many of their profiles said "ask me" in their about me? :smt042

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Haha haha

Damn near all of them! I automatically dismiss any woman who has that in their profile.it tells me everything I need to know about them, they aint shit and won't ever be shit in life.

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I hate seeing that in a profile probably more than I hate seeing anything else. It's just lazy.

16. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah but expect you to have a book's worth on yours

17. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

It also says "I'm so fine, I shouldn't have to say anything" . delusions of grandeur....

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I once paid for a membership with interracial match. The site is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I sent an international money order, a picture and an update on my profile. I heard nothing from the site. After a month, I gave them a call. They explained to me that there was a postal strike in Toronto and my letter didn't get to the site's office. I ended up cancelling my membership.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

I would think the sites are a bust for younger people who have anything going for them.

My son (27) got on one and said it was basically a bunch of uneducated girls with kids who had nothing going for them.

With the older crowd.....it's not much better. I have no patience for older men trying to date who don't have their shit together. WTF have they been doing with their life?!

They are saying things like they are "retired" or "self employed" but they are really unemployed, broke, living with relatives (trying to say they are taking care of moms or whoever....but it's really they are living off moms), no car, etc.

20. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Or off the conventional market pharmaceutical sales ..... Way off market.