Thought on Plenty of Fish (POF) Dating Site

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by JEGSATX, Jun 19, 2016.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Maybe, especially if they are trying to appeal to older women. However, for younger women, it does help your overall appeal a bit.

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Well as guys, we're expected to take the initiative. Very few will actually send the first message even if they are into him.

3. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Yes, but when women have to sift through the good and the bad, then they receive your email/interest, sometimes you may be judged before you get to make a personal impression (other than your initial email).

Basically, for every 20 emails a guy sends to women he thinks are attractive or have a nice profile, he probably may here back from a few of them.
    By the time he deals with that very low contact rate and an even lower success rate, he becomes less enthused about sending out another 40 or 60 or 100.

I don't mean to piss on anyone's parade, but I'm going from my own personal experience. Like I said, if I wanted to pose in front of an exotic car, take a pic with some bae bae kids with a caption that reads "volunteering or big brother"...a pumped up, shirtless shot from the gym - my contact would probably be a lot higher. I guess I'm just not a bullshitter, self promoter or straight up liar. Hell, I had trouble selling life insurance and shitty cars because of my conscience so you know I can't exaggerate about myself and have women pissy with the product:smt043

4. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I became curious and created A profile once on a dating website. I felt like I was getting so many different emails and so many that lived nearby that it scared me a little bit

I could never really get into it ended up deleting it because I'm too scared Lol

5. K

K Well-Known Member

This is definitely true. And older women are definitely going to be less likely to make the first contact or try to carry the conversation, they have been brought up to not do such things. So, if a man thinks he's going to sit back and wait...it's probably not going to happen.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Interesting. That sortof tells you a lot doesn't it.

Give that the OP is 63, chances are high that any woman he's going to be looking towards is older.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I was a member of a Latina dating website years ago. I had my picture and profile in it and everything. For as long as I can recall, the first time was a no go. I tried again. And I received a few responses. They sent pictures. Some looked plain and homely and others looked tore up from the floor up. I remember corresponding with a young woman from Colombia. She was attractive but she was very religious. So religious there was no way we were going to meet. Another attractive woman responded but she had just read my profile and realized that I wasn't looking for single mothers. Another responded and she said that she was divorced. Her pictures showed me a woman who looked like she was beaten by her ex-husband. I had a response from and older woman from Peru. She called me from time to time. We texted each other.
    This correspondence lasted a couple of years. We were just friends.

After all this, I remember a conversation with the site's president. He told me, " If the ladies didn't respond to you this time, I don't think that they will respond to you the next time."

If I decide to go to a matchmaker, it will be in person than online. As it is often observed, online profiles can be deceptive.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

You're gonna be judged by your profile pic, before she even opens the email. And for girls who are getting flooded with messages, if you don't have a good profile pic, she won't even bother opening it. She has options and can afford to be picky. And that's what you gotta do, promote yourself. Even if you don't go out and have fun all the time, or rarely, it's still gonna help your profile which is why I have pics of me out at a bar or whatever, even though I rarely drink.

Yeah, his experiences and expectations will be way different from mine. I'm from the shallow, social media generation so I gotta play the game as well.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Yah it's funny though cause the older men are trying the same stuff. You know damn well there aren't that many 50+ men out there all cut up hang gliding, traveling all over the world, and driving those cars. Hell not even that many 40+ doing all that for that matter!

I do agree with you in regards to it's all about the pics (whatever different age groups may be looking for). No matter what, the pics are the first things you see and what you click on to find anything out. That's really no different than anywhere though - people lead with physical attraction. It's just the way it is. The difference is that there are those you would be attracted to that you may not be based on the few pics they choose as well as those you are going to be attracted to based on their pics that you would NOT be attracted to in person.

Often those in the 55+ crowd will show homes, travel locations (the pics everyone takes on cruises), cars, etc. I've had men send me a breakdown of their financial portfolio. You'd be amazed and the things I've been sent...you just can't make that shit up!

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Dropping knowledge!

11. 4north1side2

I bet it is scary when you look out your window and see a bunch

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Peeking inside

12. Cherok33

Lmao whatever!! If they looking in my windows, can they throw me some $$ pls

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Fuck it. I just got paid today.

[​IMG]

14. Cherok33

Yay! Let's go grab some drinks!

15. 4north1side2

Oh let me help you out with that, you obviously were on the wrong dating site, here you go

[​IMG]

https://www.millionairematch.com

I take thank yous in the form of Benjamin's

16. Iatrogenic

Iatrogenic New Member

Its a crap shoot folks. My wife I met on a date site 10 years ago keeps telling me that I sent her a email on a site her roommate made for her and just happened to come across my pic and both agreed my profile pic (and then profile) was nice enough for an email reply.

17. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Correct. But those same people demand a knight in shining armor. Go figure

18. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I am still a member but I rarely use it. One of the reasons is that, to me, it doesn`t cater to IR and people in this pc age don`t want to openly say that there are not into IR. End result is that I contact the wrong crowd.

Btw, I do not have the paid version.