take a shower everyday?

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by goodlove, Apr 14, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Some days I shower up to 3 times in a day and sometimes I shower every 3 days, depends on my work load and how filthy I'm feeling.

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I learned this with my kids when they were teeny babies. I bathed them daily and their skin would get really dry. Their dr told me to bathe them every other day at most.

For me though, I shower daily if not twice a day. Shower in the am is a must for me and if it's been a long day or if I run at night, I'll shower again when I get home. I'm a girl...I like to stay so fresh n so clean ;) I use body oil and cocoa butter lotion to compensate for my skin-drying ways :smt061

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

How do you go to work and interact with colleagues and the public and not bathe everyday??

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Babies and elderly have very different skin and needs to be cared for differently.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

um better yet - how do you sit with yourself if you aren't bathing everyday?

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Easy, not everyone sweat/perspire crazy. I keep my office temperature on freezing so I hardly sweat and I work an non physical job. Some peoples natural body smell is appealing to others as well.

8. theBoulder

theBoulder New Member

If I did not bathe daily, they would have to condemn my home, cordone off the neighborhood, evacuate everybody, and not let anyone back in for a few years. :D

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I was told to wash your armpits, asshole and balls daily

Anyone not doing that is a dirty bastard

Same goes for people working in high germ environments like a hospital

Shame on you for jumping into bed straight from a shift without a wash down

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i was told the same thing if i remember correctly. but we just bird bathed her and when she started to walk it was an everday thing

11. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Funk is a pervasive beast unto to itself and if left unchecked,...... it can launch it self from these very crevices and reach-out to all corners of a closed room....Aggressive hygiene has always been the only method to him keep hogtied.......A Sudsy scrubbing must be scheduled at least once a day, everywhere, except in drought stricken California......

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I love hot showers too much to give it up. So don't care about the study.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

funk....its been a minute on that word. lol

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Activity levels I believe have some part in this. I workout so, I need to shower. I work all day, then come home and shower. I apply lotion so, I don't get ashy and my skin does well. I think if a person were to just shower, no lotion, and a basic bar of soap, I believe that would do damage to the skin.

15. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Fuck that article people, wash your ass. Kitty man (^^^) has a point, take care of your skin.

16. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

"A new study shows that bathing too often is actually really bad for your skin."

studies say a lot of things...

17. Otis

Otis New Member

BINGO!

Bluesky Wins it. A study will get published on Page 2 of the paper (1st page you turn to from the front page - high traffic page) saying one thing, & months later in the back of the section in small print will be two paragraphs invalidating the findings of that highly publicized study.

Apply a healthy dose of common sense with a dash of scepticism re: 'studies'.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

a study says thete are too many studies

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I was raised to bath each day. Also, I love the feeling of being clean, especially at the end of a hot day. I have managed skip a day, but it's extremely rare, and always unplanned.

20. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

While I do shower or bathe on a daily basis,especially when we have extreme temperatures (either very cold or very hot), I do not include my hair.
    So only showering my body,and leave out the hair, as otherwise it gets way too dry.
    I do wash my hair every to every 2nd day though.
    On some summer days may even want 2 showers.Of those only 1 would include my hair .