Officer body slams high school student

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Oct 27, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

hello. avoiding again?

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Do you want some links?

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Yes, please.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

oh its true black kids get harsher punishments than other kids but its funny tdk will not answer the detailed questions in how to deal with this child.

he think its so simple...

oh look there the race issue...lets go there

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  5. The Dark King

I've told you several times exactly what I would do. Not my fault hooked on phonics failed you. Learn to read.

6. The Dark King

Sometimes I wonder if we live on the same planet let alone the same country. I know you're not in education and don't teach but are you really surprised that black kids are treated differently considering the climate in this country especially the way black men have been killed and no one held responsible?

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/08/white-kids-get-meds-black-kids-get-suspended.html#

http://www.slate.com/blogs/schooled...han_white_ones_in_the_south_a_new_report.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/27/black-students-punished_n_7449538.html

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

just stop. i asked u additional questions and u didnt answer. so stop lying. lol

im going to ask again.

are u going to ask her whats her problem in front of the class?

u said u would give her after school detention. so are u going to drive her home afterwards?.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

its funny how dismissive you were of that kid threatening to hit that teacher with a desk or the teacher being knocked out by a student but u want to play the other cards.

9. The Dark King

Seriously go fuck yourself. I am so sick and tired of people calling it a card when you mention race and the very real implications it has on our lives. How dare you. You're the first one to question someone's blackness but you have the nerve to call mentioning race in the education system a card?

It;s funny how the card only benefits those who try to dismiss people talking about race

10. The Dark King

She can take the same bus they have for other after school programs or serve detention at the beginning of the next day and be responsible for any class work she might miss as a result.
    During the incident after asking her to put away her phone. She would get a detention in front of the class for not complying and then after class is over I would ask what's going on.
    Again there was absolutely no reason zero zilch nada for it to be handled the way it was. No need to have her removed in class if all she was doing was playing with a phone.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

u just cant hop on a school bus and have tgem go to her address. u have to be registered from the beginning of the year. any parent would tell u that and laugh at you

so now what?

12. The Dark King

Then my second option applies where she serves it at the beginning of school the next day. Did you miss that part?

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

caught u in your own bs. u dismissed the crap those kids did to those teachers and put the burden on that one teacher instead of where it belonged

u are always making blanket derogatory statements about bw....sooooo

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

we are going to analyze bit by bit.

so how are u going to get her there . so is the bus going to run early for u and who is going to be there to watch her? are u going to be there?

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

what has she missed? u said u wouldnt kick her put of class?

16. The Dark King

Just like it would be during one of her classes when they tried to get her out of that class forcefully why can't detention take place during an early morning class? You're not making sense.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i already stated iss (in school suspension . u are segregated from the rest of the school for an extended period of time doing the school work) but u are saying one class. thats no such thing as one class missed. no one does that. that doesnt make sense.

the fact u wanted to put the kid on any bus after school surely says u have no idea on what goes on in school. u will have the kids on the wrong bus on the wrong side of town.

18. The Dark King

So basically what you're saying is that this was the only way a kid with a phone in class can be handled? Got it

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i told u way back on how it was more likely handled before the cop got there. u only saw what u wanted see.

now u can play the race issue.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  20. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

What he's saying about race isn't incorrect and you know it. Minority kids are treated differently many times, in school just as in everyday life, there should really be no denying that. He's off base in his suggestions of discipline for this teen, simply because what he'd like to see happen isn't an actual option in any school I know of. Teachers have to use the disciplinary options at their disposal, they can't create detention options on a whim. No matter how much we disagree with TDK on his discipline suggestions though, it doesn't make his comments about the inequality of treatment of students, based on race, any less true. You're the parent of a non white child, i can't imagine that you're truly this dismissive irl of the very real inequality our children face. I think you're pushing back on his comment cause it's TDK who said it, not because it's untrue, and that's disingenuous to say the least (especially coming from a bm). Don't discredit the message just because you dislike the messanger.