Ashley Graham and her husband, Justin Ervin

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by F360, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying now, that this could all be about publicity/hype, I understand that. I still stand by my comments, no self respecting man would put up with any of that behavior, publicity or not.

Perhaps im just from another time, old school, (im in my late 40's now) but I see so many examples in the media of men being disrespected by their wives/girlfriends, it really rubs me the wrong way. Perhaps this is personal for me because one of the first rules I taught my son as it applies to dating, now that he is a teenager and starting to notice girls, is to NEVER stand for any type of disrespect from anyone.

2. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. I don't know if it's about being old school or not. I definitely am in many ways...and I am 50. I went off about how some women were being disrespectful about their husbands/baby dads on another thread. I'm not ok with it at all.

I just know that there are all sorts of wacky relationships out there with people who have all sorts of screwy "rules" and there's just no way for outsiders to know what the situation is, especially when it comes to celebs.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you. I'm also hovering at the 50 mark.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This isn't old school. This is just a self respecting man talking about respect in a marriage and or a relationship. If she did go beyond their boundaries then she is a garbage woman for that. Jonas is also garbage for saying such things publicly. For all we know, all of the enjoyment was in his head (maybe a napoleon complex from being short?). Or, like I said, maybe she is just garbage.

In addition, maybe they have some sort of open arrangement (I see no reason to get married if that is something a couple wants to do, but people are kind of dumb sometimes).

Shame and self respect aren't common things these days, and it is even less in Hollywood.

5. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

Never knew she was married or had a Black husband until this thread.I clicked on a few of her articles because I thought she had a very pretty face but never was her husband pictured.When I first read about the Jonas video I thought he was being nice by telling the world how sexy she is and he was into her because she does get mean comments thrown at her because she is plus sized.Knowing she has a husband it is disrespectful or maybe they just said it for publicity for their careers.Stuff like that is known to happen in Hollyweird.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

June 2016.

7. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Graham on Being in an Interracial Marriage
    From USA Today:

Graham opens up about what her interracial marriage to filmmaker Justin Ervin has taught her.

"I've seen how racist America is," the Sports Illustrated cover girl said. It's opened my eyes to how ignorant I have been, how white privilege has taken over a lot of my thoughts and actions because it's just something that I take for granted."

Before tying the knot, Graham dated an alcoholic, and she recounted a scary story for Cosmo about a time when her former boyfriend became abusive.

"He threw a couch on me," she said. "He came home drunk. I was sitting on it, and he flipped it upside down. I remember my elbow being jammed but thinking, He didn't hit me; he was just really angry, you know... Looking back, I should've left, but I was an insecure woman in a terrible relationship who did not know herself."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's a shame it takes things like being in an IR relationship for white americans to understand racism against black people. I understand some of them experience racism as well, but the ignorance in which she speaks of when it comes to racism against black people it's like it takes them to almost live it themselves to understand.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Of course it does.

Even living with it every day does not really let us know truly how it is. I can sympathize and empathize to a certain extent. I may even have a unique perspective that most black or white people don't experience, but that still isn't the same as knowing what it is to grow up and live as a Black man in the US.

10. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In New York on Wednesday, July 27th.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Homeboy has got it made.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Forreal.

That brotha has GLOW about him like everything is really that good.lol

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He is very proud to be Ashley's husband, no doubt about it.

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

But didn't she make out with some other guy? Was that not confirmed?

[This post edited to correct stupid autocorrect errors]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  15. darkcurry

Joe Jonas or Nick Jonas (I don't remember which one.) Spilled what happened on the set of their video where they kept making out even after the director yelled cut, but her husband either hasn't heard about that, cool with it or they smoothed things over, because it looks like everything is all good.

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

The 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, August 28, 2016 in Manhattan.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm still not over her making out with some other guy. Can't one of ya'll post some proof that that never actually happened LOL?

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

The U.S. Open, Sep 6th in Flushing, NY.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

The bottom line is...what difference does it really make? Whether it happened or not, they have dealt with it however they have and it looks like he's good with it.

20. darkcurry

She is spending a lot of time with him recently for someone who she says she is in a long distance marriage with. I wonder if they changed that, because before the sports illustrated fame she has done many of these events with out him.