The "Don't Waste Your Time and/or Money To See This Film" Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, May 13, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I don't want to post this in the "Any Good Movies" thread, as this is NOT a good movie.

We should have a thread dedicated to movies you saw that were sucky.

I took a half day today, just cause I wanted to. The weather turned out crappy by the afternoon, so I saw a movie. I was debating between "The Source Code" and "Bridesmaids". Both got great reviews and high marks on Rotten Tomatoes, so I thought I couldn't go wrong with either pick.

I decided to see a funny movie so I picked "Bridesmaids". Big mistake. The movie SUCKED. 90% on Rotten Tomatoes? Really, critics?

The best part of the movie was the cop. Kristin Wiig and the cop were cute together. That's it. The rest of the movie blew.

And, seriously, when did bathroom "humor" have to make an appearance in every single comedy? It's annoying. I don't find vomiting and diarrhea particularly humorous. I don't believe I laughed once during this 2 hr 5 min long "comedy".

Ugh. Anyway, don't waste your money on this. That is all.

I should have seen "The Source Code".

2. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

My sister and I had a "lame movie" night, last night, expecting to laugh the whole night through. Only one of the two lame movies we hired was funny though, the other was a load of dog crap. Which is a shame, because these kinds of movies can be a lot of fun BECAUSE they're bad. But anyway, the two movies we saw were Sharktopus (the funny one) and the other was the ever so bad....

Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus!

[​IMG]

Now, like I said before, we didn't go into this thinking we'd be watching something Oscar worthy, just wanted a bit of fun. But this took itself WAY too seriously and ended up being ridiculous and boring. Don't see it. Not even out of curiosity.

Please see Sharktopus though, I haven't laughed so much since I did a laughter yoga class. :D Awesomely bad. My sister is buying the DVD today because she couldn't get enough of it. Hahahahaha! :D

[​IMG]

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

That's the worst: going into a bad movie and finding out that it's actually bad. You want to watch bad movies that are so bad they're good, not bad movies that are so bad they suck. What a disappointment!

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Captivity...

I suplexed a mr. Pickles mascot shortly after in anger.

5. FG

FG Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!!! I SO would have LOVED to see that!!!!!

To me it was Signs..
    I wanted to sue Mr Night Shalyamanamanan the get back the 2 h of my life he stole from me!

6. saintaugusta

saintaugusta New Member

Laughter yoga class? Do tell!!!

As far as "bad" movies, although I really don't think it's that bad...

I love "Soul Plane"

For a weird white 90's B-flick, try "The Smokers"... If you like the 90's at all, you'll love it even though the production was super lame. About girls turning the tables and raping guys. Not that that is COOL at all, just saying, it was controversial enough for me to buy it and I've watched it like 5 times.

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

lol @ the thread title.

8. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

I think that Hereafter movie really sucked. Not at all what I was expecting or hoping for. It sucked and the French was annoying as hell to me. JMO

9. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

Aww really? I've been dying to see that one, too much hype though maybe.

scott pilgrim vs. the world is my 'do not watch' film though. Watched it straight, watched it high, still thought it was too weird and stupid. BF of the time agreed and we have very different film tastes, we couldn't see it through to the end D:

10. Nico

Nico Banned

Scott Pilgram is horrible, nothing redeemable about it.

11. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

[​IMG]
    Steaming pile of derivative nonsense

12. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

LOL Really? I liked that one. :p

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I actually did too... I wished it was longer, building up more. Nice twist even if I saw it coming.... it was still nice.

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I think your in the boat by your lonesome with this one buddy.

15. Redeemed One Jr

Redeemed One Jr Active Member

I suppose I wasted my money double times over since I saw it in theaters and then bought the dvd. It wasn't exactly movie of the year, but I definitely liked the music, nostalgia video game shout outs and the graphics. Also, it was directed by Edgar Wright, the same guy that did Shaun of the Dead, which I thought was awesome.

I could understand how some people didn't like it, or most people (considering it didn't do well in America) A lot of cut scenes and weird trippy stuff that could maybe only be explained from the graphic novel or the director himself. Also, you have Micheal Cerra as the lead who has done well in other stuff, but this movie may have been a little too big for him to lead.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amen sister. It when absolutely nowhere. White Noise was a better version of that kind of film.

17. The Dark King

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM SKYLINE

Probably the worst movie I've seen in the last 5 years.

18. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

Agreed, it was pretty bad. Some people might disagree but I would put the new movie Thor on that list as well. They used a guy who didn't have the body of the Marvel character Thor, tried to insert a love story, and it wasn't much of an action movie either. It failed on all levels for me. I'm wondering if Green Lantern will be better???

19. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

I prefer the Bourne Trilogy. Salt came across as every implausible spy thriller stuffed into a single script.

20. The Dark King

Me too the new animated movie for Green Lantern looks amazing kid