The Knick

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Soulthinker, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the series The Knick? I had seen a episode in which the Black doctor Edwards had a secret affair with Cornelia a White patient is pregnant with his baby. She wanted him to abort the baby and he refused. Hope for replies.

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting show, really shows how far medicine has come in the last century. Cornelia is actually the hospital administrator, not a patient and she is the daughter of the hospital's main benefactor. Dr. Edwards and Cornelia grew up together as Dr. Edwards parents work for Cornelia's father as domestic help. It will be interesting to see what choices they make in light of the massive prejudice and hatred for IR at that time (early 1900's), and due to the fact that Cornelia is already engaged to a man from the "right", meaning approved by her father, wealthy family who does business with her father.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Been watching from the beginning. Happy for Andre Holland who is an actor I've been a fan of since the movie "Sugar."

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Loki,I like to see the results would be myself. That was during the time years before Jack Johnson won the heavyweight championship. Being in IR is rough back then either if the brother was college educated professional or not.