Adultswim's "Mike Tyson Mysteries"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by qwils86, Oct 22, 2014.

1. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

LOL. That Hannah-Barbera style of animation always brings back a lot of memories. Mike Tyson Mysteries reminds me of Scooby-Doo, The Funky Phantom Ghost, Goober And The Ghost Chasers, Clue Club and others.
    Then, it also reminds me of The Harlem Globetrotters cartoons. Later, in a company under Hannah-Barbera called Rubi & Speers, there was Rickety Rocket, Mister T., and Sports Stars with Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky , Bo Jackson and Dr. Ruth Westheimer. I recall that Muhammad Ali had an animated cartoon once on Saturday mornings(that one came on real early). That's what I love about Adult Swim, it is for adults(although I do miss the anime like Cowboy Bebop). I think it might work out for Mike Tyson(his one man show was very interesting as it was also funny, insightful and sad).

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Johnny Quest plus the Mr. T cartoon for some reason. I think the casting could be better though . . . where the white women at lol.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm diggin' this.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll come later. I think the van reminds me more of Scooby-Doo, Goober And The Ghost Chasers, and The Amazing Chan And The Chan Clan(that one had a cool theme song). I hope Mike does some fighting in this unlike Mr. T.'s cartoon where the gymnasts had the most physical action.