little girls dropping f-bombs for equality. u agree?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Oct 23, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Nothing short of exploitation of those girls in a misguided and sad attempt to promote equality. Equality when it comes to gender issues is still a serious matter and that video is a disgrace and disservice to that cause. The parents that allowed their kids to take part in that nonsense should have their heads examined, pathetic statement on their parenting skills.

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Absolutely agreed. Such a deserving cause, but marketing it this way was a very poor decision.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Annoying video.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I dont disagree with any of u but its no different than toddler and tiaras, dance moms and the itherdance kids reality show. In those shows i see strippers of the future

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

7. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

If you react to the swearing, but not the message, you're doing exactly what the campaign wanted. So it's incredible marketing.

8. Athena

Athena New Member

This video is powerful. It opens eyes to the garbage women might have to experience. Many powerful women that I know, approve of this message. I agree. If it takes the f-bomb to get people talking, then great, let's start talking.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

No need to use kids to have them curse.

10. KingAesop

KingAesop Active Member

The kids though...

Why the kids? Why not nuns? Why not Martha Stewart? Why the kids?

11. Morning Star

I'll repeat,

If you react to the swearing, but not the message, you're doing exactly what the campaign wanted. So it's incredible marketing.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Expand on that

13. Morning Star

The shock value comes from children cursing, wearing proper "lady etiquette" attire, which is contrary to the expectations of what a little girl is suppose to act - prim, proper, and silent. Using children sends a strong message and I think many posters here just fail to see it. So the fact that many of your are reacting in that manner proves the point of the video altogether.

14. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Them cursing does nothing for me except make me turn away from their entire message. As a mom I think it's disgusting to use children to promote ones agenda, regardless of the validity of it. That's just my opinion. I 100% support their cause, but by no means can I support this way of getting their message across.

15. Morning Star

Then you're basically proving the point of the message and the video did its job.

16. Athena

Athena New Member

This.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

What reaction wete they looking for? So far , not just us, are reacting to the kids cursing versus the intended message...dont you think?

18. Morning Star

The question is....what should you be focusing on? The girls or the message?

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

There u go....we should be it was lost thru the cursing.
    Do you think they
    could have achieved their goal without cursing but used the kids still?

20. Morning Star

But, it wasn't lost through the cursing. You allowed it because you're fixated on it. Plain and simple.

I got the message perfectly and didn't let the cursing serve as a deterrent.