The Carmichael Show on NBC

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Anyone catch its 1 hour debut on Wednesday?

I did. Its a a mix of politically and un-politically correct jokes.

Don't know the Carmichael guy, l tuned in to see David Allan Grier and Loretta Devine. Solid performances by most of the cast...the brother was a bit over the top.

Topics they crammed in...IR. (the girlfriend's mom is white, dad is black (unseen so far)
    Black Lives Matter, Malcom X, racial profiling, Republicans, Democrats, Obama, Religion, segregation..to name a few...

They didn't hold back on the jokes either. Worth tuning in to see next week, IMO...
    I'm assuming the debut's re-run is on NBC.com or YT. They got great ratings, too.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see the next episode next Wednesday.

3. hellified

hellified Active Member

the show is okay but loretta devine's acting on it is :roll: ..its like thier stage direction for her was "just shout everything line you have..no louder...talk like everyone around you is deaf."

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

True...she was high pitching it, but l think that's her character...no one can speak over her when she's speaking, lol. Most likely as the show progresses and it gets more feedback she might calm down or they might tone down her character...still she grew on me by 2nd episode.

Her 60's protest hymn stole the spotlight...awesome, lol.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... I guess I will check it out. Nice new avatar.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Whats the name of the show with david allan

7. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I'm curious now I'm going to see if I can find it on Hulu or Netflix

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's called The Carmichael Show. Wednesdays at 9, NBC.

If you do, let us know what you think. It's not for the faint-hearted middle American, lol...

My only desire would be.. if they would have tackled the issues one show at a time...they rushed through them.
    They intertwined all the above l mentioned earlier... in just two shows. I wanted to stew on the writing a bit more, if that makes sense.

And thanks meowkitten..:smt001

9. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Still has me laughing..on right now

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Their Agnostic versus Christianity episode was good.

Their second show attempted to tackle gun ownership and they failed horribly. Definitely anti-gun rights writers, lol.

12. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

will check it out thanks!