Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I love me baby girl to bits but she tries my patience at.every.turn.

She is soooo much like me we butt heads. My boy though...gonna be such a good man when he grows up. Loves, respects everyone, holds doors, quick to resolve drama...my luv bug through and through. Plus, he's all about his mama :freehug: My daughter is alllll about her daddy!

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oh yeah. I heard about that dynamic

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

It's funny how different their personalities are! Both of my boys couldn't be more different; one is a total mama's boy. A hard worker & very smart. The other is all about his dad...can't tell him nothing! A natural talent at everything he tries and also very smart... Then my sweet baby girl; she's an even split between the two of us. She has a lot of qualities that remind me of her father and quite a bit that reminds me of myself.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

They say my daughter look just like me and act loke me except she is very sensitive.

Im trying to teach her to be better than me.

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No need to carry a shotgun around, that's a boy deterrent itself.

Lol I'm joking, I'm sure she's a princess

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

I used to joke the same ...i pray my daughter foesnt look like me.....i want her to get married.

Lol

7. RaiderLL

My daughter was an absolute sweetheart until about 9 lol. Then she turned into a preteen I swear! Overnight! My precious love got a 15 year olds attitude lol. She has a nasty habit of not knowing when to stop and just accept my answer for what it is lol. She goes on and on and ooooon until I have to finally check Her lol. She's beautiful, she's bright, she's independent and head strong...but I'll put her in her place at the first sign of disrespect! Mama doesn't play that for a second.

My boy though...perfect blend of me & his dad. Very giving and loving, calm and keeps himself away from drama at all cost (just like his daddy). I think Id love to have another ;);)

Hahahaha.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oh when the teen years come up they want to buckup.

Especially in the ninth grade, they really try to get bad

9. Cherok33

Oh yes, when they get into their teens they do start smelling themselves! My youngest son is 17 and he's in that mode where he thinks he's grown but he's not, and he thinks he can do his own thing and get away with it or explain his way out. Happily for me, he's a pretty good kid, star athlete and great grades but I'm not naïve... I think our kids forget that we aren't as old as we seem and we know all too well the stuff they do and say because it's the same shit we use to do.

Mom is definitely hip!

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oh i see all the time. They swear up and down they got it down packed

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kevin Hart is a funny guy.

I love how he ended his performance...(paraphrasing)
    "I look out and I see so many faces from different races and creeds and colors...Hey If we can all laugh together, We can love each other, and if we can love, we can live together! ".
    Crowd went wild.

Also, majority couples attending were BM & WW. Beautiful sights.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Its a shame no one will take it to heart

13. Cherok33

What a beautiful and inspiring message. Yes, Kevin Hart really is amazingly talented, influential and hilarious!

I've never seen him perform in person, but really want to.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Idk...the crowd loved it. But Society as portrayed by the media... you may be right.

The thing is, all the negative commentary that you read (or hear) is not really reality, There's so much IR going on, it's mind boggling. On top of my own life, I have the privilege to witness it around me on the regular, as well via my job. The numbers defy the media Trolls. IR and families are becoming mainstream here in the Northeast.

Surprisingly, he was very X-rated, lol. And handsome as heck. He's a shorty but his body is bulk. (Hot in a tank and jeans). And he's so damn friendly!! :)

15. CanadianNiceGrl

CanadianNiceGrl Active Member

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who said anything about it being SHAMEFUL??? I said, PRIVATE AND PERSONAL. So miss me with your book speech.
    I'm sure the first time she has sex, while nor SHAMEFUL, is not something most girls want displayed by their parent to the world for millions of strangers to read. Or anal sex for that matter.

Adults always forget what it was like to be a child. Always pushing their adult views on them. Just because YOU want to make global announcements on your kids menstruation and sex lives, maybe your kids don't. How about ASKING THEM first. ;-)

17. CanadianNiceGrl

CanadianNiceGrl Active Member

He posted as a dad about her period...not her getting laid. It's a HUGE thing in a dads life for their little girl to get their period the tides are changing in not just her life but his also. I don't know about you or your kids/personal experiences so I can only share from my own.

I was using the open conversation as an example. My kids and their friends have way more open and honest conversations with me because of the way I approach it vs with their own parents who don't talk openly.

I actually asked my daughter her thoughts before even responding.

Ps me being a fan of anal has zero to do with this conversation. Hopefully someday you'll be open to trying it, it's a real game changer lol

18. RaiderLL

I do the same way with my kids. Open & honest but still age appropriate lol. My kids are too young for the condom speech but my daughter is right on the cusp of her cycle so it's something we've been chatting about. I remember being sooo embarrassed (and scared) when I started mine and because my mom was a very hush-hush, personal-topics-arent-to-be-discussed type, I hid it from her. My best friends mom knew and actually told my mom. I vowed to never be that mother, whose children couldn't speak openly in front of her. A true open door policy really allows us to educate our children on life's important topics, vs their friends trying to tell them what's up.

19. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I find it very refreshing that people aren't so prude about discussing matters pertaining to things we all undergo. It's almost like we enjoy putting on masks, instead of proving that we all have some imperfections that are shared experiences and it would be nice for people to just give one another advice, should those moments arise. That is what makes a community strong and the individual, ultimately.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol, there's NOTHING you could teach me about sex that l don't ALREADY KNOW, lmao. Believe that.
    A daughter's period being a HUGE thing in a Dad's life has ZERO to do with millions of strangers, ya?
    Again, what's wrong with first ASKING If it's ok to put out an APB of her menses? No matter what you say, it's still a PERSONAL experience for a girl. Especially because it can translate to pain and stress . Contrary to your woo hoo take, periods are a pain in the arse for every female l know. :?