unarmed WM killed by police in Iowa...no one cares

Discussion in 'In the News' started by lippy, Jun 12, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Do me a favor and read the first few posts then please

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'll pass. It's ready past my bedtime.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

4. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

We are an extraordinarily violent society and yes the reason is the availability of so many handguns. You can kill anyone in America and our lawmakers will do absolutely nothing about it. They don't care about high murder rates in the ghetto or lone gunmen who shoot up churches, movie theaters, or a classroom of five year old children. A member of our House (equivalent to your Commons) named Gabby Giffords was almost murdered by some fucking nutcase and nothing changed.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

And u believe what?

Gun control...gun ban what?

6. The Dark King

So what's the solution?
    Ban guns so law abiding citizens have no access?
    The high murder rates and gun violence have far more to do with drug turf wars and mental health issues than it does with just the availability of guns.

7. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

If we ever as a country to instituted a gun ban, we would first have to successfully go thru the courts to nuilfy the second the scond ammendment.....Secondly, we would have to make law for all citizens to submit their guns to authorities.....millions of law-abiding citizens would comply and submit, but criminals would NOT comply and submit their guns...so it is truly a mute point.....I hate the destructiveness of guns and so I never glamorize or glorify what I have, I just keep them hidden, loaded and ready.......But at this point, I have no choice but keep my rifles and wait for the either the coming race war between blackthugs and police or the war between the haves and the anarchy desiring have-nots (armed criminals are stepping-up their brazenness)........If violence continues to hit close to home, my next step is a carry permit, more time at the firing range and $1000.oo of stock bullets...

8. The Dark King

Really? Oh boy

9. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

There are a variety of weapons that "law abiding citizens" don't have access to.

Ask yourself why we can't legally own a tank, an F-22 Raptor, nuclear warhead, weaponized anthrax, or any chemical weapons? Because such weaponry would cause catastrophic harm to our fellow civilians if someone used them irresponsibly.

How are guns fundamentally different and what do you need one for anyway? Deer hunting in Central Park? Shooting pheasants at Coney Island? Of course not. A predominant reason why people use guns in America is to kill other people and commit suicide. Do you want a culture and society that continues in this manner indefinitely?

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

10. The Dark King

That is ridiculous. Firstly I believe in home protection, I've had a situation happen in the past and unless the police are camped out in my living room there's no way on earth they'd be able help me.
    Secondly the vast majority I'm talking over 90% of LEGAL gun owners never get involved in murder or harming innocent people. The gun violence you refer to is being committed by criminals, people involved in ILLEGAL activity who would still have their guns even if I didn't have mine. So I should lose the ability to protect myself and my family to make you feel more comfortable even though it well have little to no effect? FOH

11. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...guns-and-mass-shootings-in-the-united-states/

Read this link about Mass shooting and Legal Gun ownership and mass shooting only qualifies if you killed 4 or more people, apparently 3 or less is described as active shooting and apparently over 50% of the cases looked at in this study were active shootings, so your figures would more than double if they were included.

Overall, more guns, more death and states with stricter gun laws has less firearm related gun deaths.

This second amendment stuff, how do these gun nuts get away with using it as an argument.
    A well regulated Militia (peoples army, right!) shall have the right to bear arms, but you have an Army one of the best in the world, trained to save you guys from Johnny Foreigners.

We have criminals with guns here, the bad guy might have a gun so I should have one too, whether I am fit to use it or not and may have some mental breakdown further down the line and end up being the bad guy myself.

Yeah totally makes sense to me.

12. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

What, you ran out of toilet paper and had to wipe your ass with your hand? Please be a little more vague next time.

Forget it anecdotal bullshit is not reputable analysis anyway.

You and your family are in more danger because you live in a country with upwards of 310 million guns!

13. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Exactly like it's fucking 1776 all over again.

14. The Dark King

Please show me the rates of death in Mexico, Jamaica, and Brazil and then tell me this nonsense. Taking away legal guns will do next to nothing if the underlying reasons aren't addressed it just empowers criminals.

15. The Dark King

So what's your solution?

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Blackthugs?

So u dont think they (police) will not mess with you?

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I've been reading and talking to some folks and apparently there's a HUGE problem on most police forces with the abuse of performance enhancing drugs and steroids.

Many of these cops are out here hopped up on adderal and steroids to 'bulk up' to handle dealing with criminals and have been abusing this shit for years, which can fuck up your conflict resolution skills and turn a police officer into a lit fuse about to explode.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of these over-aggressive policing tactics and police homicides didn't have a 'roid rage angle to it.
    [​IMG]
    The overreaction by the cops who murdered Eric Garner over a misdemeanor offense seems like textbook 'roid rage.

That's why we need independent investigators nationwide assigned to these police shooting cases by individuals who aren't affiliated with the police or the district attorney's office.

When you read how some of these cops react with extreme violence over the most insignificant provocation, it sounds like typical 'roid rage.

Are these regularly cops tested for PEDs?? I heard the answer is NO.

Ronnie Coleman was an 8x Mr. Olympia while working as a police officer in Arlington, Texas. Juiced out of his mind and big as a house.
    [​IMG]

I understand the job of being a street cop is stressful because the next day could be the day you die on the job, but when you think about how many times they kill unarmed 'suspects', IMO there's something going on affecting their mental fitness.

If you abuse certain steroids for years, basically you're a functional psychotic.
    Seeing threats when there aren't any sounds like the M.O. for many cops.

18. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Yes I did look at all those places Guatemala, Argentina and Pretty much most of the caribbean different problems Drug Gun Homicide and what? you want me to compare the supposedly socially civilised USA to those places. They got bigger problems than you.
    All over the World stricter gun laws = less gun related death, less guns in circulation less death and again less bang bang pop pops less people laying dead of gun shots.

And you want a Gun because you share a border with a crazy country, stop fighting for the right to shoot each other as and when you please, because you think it's your right too and fight for a better border enforcement agency, trained individuals armed with guns to keep the bad guys off your land.

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

This is disturbing, but I'm not sure I could go out patrolling the streets everyday knowing that pretty much every Joe Bloggs could have a Gun in his pocket and a nasty attitude without it affecting my stress levels somewhat.
    You would look to empower yourself in anyway possible.

Not saying it's right, it's clearly wrong to use a substance to prop up your working life, but if you look at things from all points of view you can see how it happens.

20. The Dark King

That's completely untrue. In most Latin American countries gins are totally bannes. Doesn't stop or even reduce cartel conflict.
    And the vast majority of Americans gun shot victims are people shit by illegal guns. So how does keeping law abiding people from having guns make sense?