Kurt Metzger of Amy Schumer Fired Over Comments About Rape

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by The Dark King, Aug 18, 2016.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Do I sense a budding bromance, here? ...lol

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah you and me. You my bitch lol

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yep.

On the topic...every accused should face their accuser/s. Come forward to the police, ladies.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Huh ... what was that? I can't hear you with my nuts in ya mouth. ...lol

5. The Dark King

Lmao good one

6. The Dark King

Exactly. That was dudes entire argument and they turned it into rape acceptance and he's now lost his job because of it. Such bs

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

From what I understand he shouldn't have been fired. I'd stop watching amy schumer shows .... If I had ever started watching.:p

8. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That, to me, is the really scary part about all of this. Without knowing who his accusers are, how can he even hope to defend himself?

From reading that article (and maybe I missed it so correct me if I'm wrong), he doesn't know who his accuser is. He doesn't know how many there are. He doesn't know when this was supposed to have happened. He doesn't know where this is supposed to have happened. It flies completely in the face of the American legal system.

What if someone was accused of committing a murder but they weren't told who the victim is, where (or if) the body was found, what the manner of death was, or even when it happened. We would consider that to be an affront to justice.

Sexual assault is a very serious problem and it needs to be addressed but the answer is not to completely trash someone's name without knowing more about it than "someone was raped."

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt081:smt081:smt081

Sounds like something we said in grade school..........still funny too

10. The Dark King

I totally agree. I get that there are a lot of rape victims who have never gotten justice and I get their frustration but the answer isn't to just believe every accusation that's made without any investigation.
    As a black man this shit terrifies me because we are rarely believed to begin with at the very least we could rely on alibis. I couldn't have done this I was here and people saw me. Now all it takes is some spiteful hateful person to just make a claim and my life is destroyed.
    Talk about creating a path to misogyny. Smh