"EVERYTHING NOT QUITE RIGHT WITH...": Videos

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by hellified, Mar 10, 2015.

1. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

The Spoiler of Jim Kelly hanging dead on the poster!

[​IMG]

John Saxon's name being anywhere near Bruce Lee's in the credits.

[​IMG]

STEREOTYPE ALERT (stereotype #5: The Asian man is a sexless being): While Roper and Williams are clearly getting laid Bruce is there strictly on business alone.

[​IMG]

Extra laffs as his fellow henchman gets his ass kicked!

This is the first entry of my version of the YouTube channel CinemaSins Everything Wrong With... series. Since its highly unlikely they will ever get to the films I like any time soon I figured I'd do my own version. The full article is located HERE

Feel free to post anything I missed in the film...:D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I just came here to see bruce lee fucking people up

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

^
    ||
    This

People came to see Bruce lee kick ass and how a basketball player fit into the movie.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had heard and read that Bruce Lee and Jim Kelly didn't get along during the production. I guess it was because of their training disciplines, perhaps. The fact that Bruce's style Jeet Kune Do(a free form style of Wing Chun Kung Fu) differed from Kelly's traditional Kung Fu style. I don't know if that was true and I am sure that Lee and Kelly had the utmost respect for each other. And yet, a few years later, Kelly starred in Al Adamson's film The Black Samurai. In the final fight scenes, you could here Bruce Lee's whoops and hyaaahs as Kelly is smashing the bad guys. Kelly would be in films like The Tattoo Connection(or The Diamond Connection) and That Man Bolt.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

If I saw Bruce lighting some also-ran up, I would be laughing my ass off too.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You mean when Bruce was fighting with Kareem Abdul-Jabar, one of his famous students in The Game Of Death.

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee was such a cult phenom back in the 'hood in the 1970s.
    Soooo much street cred from brothas for an Asian cat because he had so much style when he fought, almost like a dancer.

He looked GOOD(cool as shit) kicking someone's ass.

No matter where I went to visit cousins in the late '70s, from Cali to Boston to Texas to Louisiana, they ALL had a variation of this poster in their bedroom;
    [​IMG]

If they had the internet and social media back in the day, Bruce Lee would have been even more legendary than he is now.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember an old commercial for a karate school chain in New York City. Jerome Mackey was the name. In every commercial, he would have either students or instructors perform self defense moves while he explain the philosophy of being two types of people; the wrong guy and the right guy. He encourages everyone, even those who don't go to his schools to be the right guy. There was a martial arts demonstration in the city and thousands of kids went to see it. It got some media coverage and they interviewed some of the kids and Jerome Mackey. A lot of the kids(mostly black) were unanimous in their interest of the martial arts; Bruce Lee. A lot of the old martial arts films played in black movie theaters back in the 70's. These films even had radio spots where the announcer always said this line, " Deadly kung fu combat."
    When the local tv stations like Channel 5(WNEW, an independent station back then under the Metromedia company before Fox took it over) in New York showed kung fu movies back then on tv weekends were something to look forward to. But, ironically, they showed no films with Bruce Lee. But it didn't matter because we were all interested in the fighting. The USA Network had Kung Fu Theater on Saturdays and Sundays back in the 80's. I was in heaven watching all those old chop sockies back then. I miss those days.

Bruce Lee was is the most humble man I have ever seen on tv. I saw an interview he did and he explained that he didn't want to be called a star. He explained that a star is in space and he is simply a man. He even explained in the film Return Of The Dragon(the film where he and Chuck Norris fight at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy) that there is no fighting style that is better than others. He simply say, "Whatever works for you, stick with it."
    When I became interested in the martial arts, I thought of working toward my black belt in a quick time. But after a while, making a beeline to black belt is not as easy as I thought it would be because my instructor every so often explained to us that we were studying a fighting system that can kill people. All the martial arts can kill people(even boxing can kill people). So he taught us all about the respect and preservation of life. This is what Bruce Lee would've taught to his students. There will be many martial artists in the world today. Sonny Chiba was considered Bruce's successor with his demonstrations of power in his fighting skills(Chiba is a ninja and he is power personified). Jackie Chan was Bruce's stunt double in a few of his films. Jet Li came pretty close. Tony Ja is probably just as humble, if not more humble than those out there now. But none will even be as close to Bruce Lee, who was power and grace. That is what Bruce Lee is to a lot of people

9. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

10. hellified

hellified Active Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  11. hellified

hellified Active Member

video fixed!

12. hellified

hellified Active Member

[YOUTUBE]PtqLupl6PXc[/YOUTUBE]

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Sho nuff!

14. hellified

hellified Active Member

[YOUTUBE]MbSxVjOIaso[/YOUTUBE]

Laurence Fishburne is an undercover cop in this 90s thriller that has more WTF moments than the law should allow!

15. hellified

hellified Active Member

16. hellified

hellified Active Member

Hi Nic,
    Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to somefeatures of YouTube.

Video title: Everything Not Quite Right With - DEEP COVER
    Includes: Visual content
    Claimed by: Warner Bros. Entertainment

Why this can happen

Your video might contain copyrighted content.
    Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.

- The YouTube Team

I DECIDED TO CHALLENGE THE CLAIM SINCE I WAS BASICALLY DOING WHAT CINEMASINS DID AND THIS WAS THE RESPONSE!

Hi Nic,
    Good news! After reviewing your dispute, Warner Bros. Entertainment has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: "Everything Not Quite Right With - DEEP COVER"

- The YouTube Team

VICTORY!!!!

I DISPUTED THE 3RD PARTY CLAIM WB PUT ON IT AND WON!!!

17. hellified

hellified Active Member

whatcha think of the vid?

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw that flick and was disapointed because there was not much passion between Fishburne and Barkin.

19. hellified

hellified Active Member

clearly you didn't even bother to read the post or click the video..:smt018:smt108

20. hellified

hellified Active Member

[YOUTUBE]p2ac0FuJTqQ[/YOUTUBE]