Little known Movie and Music facts..

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

We all know the blood was chocolate in the famous Psycho scene, but l didn't know the sound of the knife-stabbing that actress Janet Leigh recieved was made by plunging a knife into a melon.

-Some of the props used in the 2005 version of King Kong were original props from the 1933 version. These props came from Peter Jackson’s personal collection and include the Skull Island spears and brightly painted shield, and some of the drums from the sacrifice scene.

In the film, Scarface, an M16 assault rifle with an M203 40mm grenade launcher attached to the barrel is Tony’s “little friend.”
    The 1932 film Scarface was one of the first films to feature the Thompson submachine gun, known historically as the “tommy gun.”

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In 1992’s Scent of Woman, Al Pacino repeatedly shouts “Hoo-ah.”
    “Hoo-ah” comes from the military acronym “HUA” which stands for “Heard, Understood, Acknowledged.”

Never knew that..

-----
    Neither Michelle Rodriguez nor Jordana Brewster had drivers’ licenses or even learners’ permits before production of the film in Fast and the Furious.

With the film Meet the Fockers, the MPAA would not allow use of the name ‘Focker’ unless the filmmakers could find an actual person with that last name.
    Steven Spielberg nicknamed the mechanical shark in the movie Jaws, “Bruce.”
    Lol.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Specifically in reference to his lawyer at the time, Bruce Raynor.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of the second and third films. But, yeah, that would be interesting as well.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Hooah actually means anything other than the word no. It can mean yes, it can mean you understand, or ask if you do understand (hooah?) it can mean fuck you, it can pretty much mean anything other than no.

the HUA acronym is rare and I only heard that acronym once in my almost 9 years of service.

6. darkChokolatEbar

darkChokolatEbar New Member

Alien Resurrection

During a scene Ripley plays basketball with the new arrivals. Ripley was to shoot a basketball one-handed with her back to the basket a goodly distance away and have it go in. And she did. There was no special effect, no CGI used.

https://youtu.be/FF44YvDVP8Y

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Director John Huston's The Bible and the original Planet of the Apes movie are the only G-rated films to feature nudity.

The original Beverly Hills Cop made up a technology called "Satellite Tracking System". Years later the actual technology was invented. We know it as "GPS".

While working on the set of Armageddon, Ben Affleck asked director, Michael Bay, why would NASA bother sending an inexperienced drilling crew into space when it would be easier to teach astronauts how to drill. Bay told Affeck to shut up.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Can't tell you how many times I heard "hooyah" but never seen or heard of HUA. lol

It's pretty much used as "heard, understood, and acknowledged" in Sailor world even when used jokingly. On the other hand Marines say "Hoorah"

You Army guys probably used it differently.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]_rIYXfztyxA[/YOUTUBE]

This scene actually happened in real life! Heat being the only movie in which Robert De Niro and Al Pacino were actually shown on camera at the same time was based on the true story of Chicago's prolific gangster Neil McCauley and veteran detective Chuck Adamson. McCauley's introspective, disciplined and calculating nature was captured and displayed well by De Niro in this classic. This is a recount of the conversation from Adamson himself:

Adamson: Why don’t you go somewhere else and cause trouble?
    McCauley: I like Chicago.
    Adamson: You realize that one day you're going to be taking down a score, and I'm going to be there.
    McCauley: Well, look at the other side of the coin. I might have to eliminate you.
    Adamson: I’m sure we’ll meet again.

10. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Heat is a classic! One of my favorite films. Deniro AND Pacino in the same film is legendary.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt023

Great minds........

Did you know it was based on a true story?

12. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I didn't know it was based on a true story. It seemed like a real situation that could happen.

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

In 1991, Eazy-E was invited to the White House for the Republican Senatorial Inner Circle when his name was drawn from a list of people who had donated to charities. They didn't know it was Eazy-E since he used his real name, Eric Wright. E having lunch with George Bush HAHAHAHAHA!

[YOUTUBE]9YS-f5gMMvg[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

15. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah cube smoked him for that in the most memorable diss cut of all time "no Vaseline"

16. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Lol...

17. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Now that's funny. Lawyer = shark.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hmmm. NWA's ex-manager just died and in the article is says the diss was towards their manager, Jerry Heller..

"...Heller and Ice Cube later had a dispute over royalties and the rapper quit the group in 1989 as N.W.A. began to fall apart.

Ice Cube eventually wrote the 'diss track' 'No Vaseline' aimed at Heller..."

'He would be alive today if not for that movie':
    Lawyer blames Straight Outta Compton for ex-NWA manager's fatal heart attack

Anyone know the correct fact, or were both Easy and Heller referenced in it?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The whole song is a direct diss at Heller and NWA as a group. Heller for fucking the group out of money/royalties due to them and the remaining members of NWA for not being as wise to what was up as he was and continuing to get fucked.