Some in the black community speaking out against Blm

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Paniro187, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

agree

[YOUTUBE]tlJOgwG2EPc[/YOUTUBE]

2. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Couple good points made here

"When you stand for something stand for it all the way not halfway"

"He should have let him live, so we can kill him"

Powerful

Glad to see people with the same OPINION.

3. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Couldn't watch the vid give the link so to view

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So as long as black people kill each other, we should shut up about murderous police? is that what the point of this is?

5. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

That's their argument?

If so then they should say to America until we clean up our internal problems then we shouldn't go after isis

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I would say yes until we are more outraged about what actually happens waaaaaaaaaaay more. Let's take ten black folks getting murdered......I would love to see the same level of outrage from 1 out of the 10 that was killed by police or a white person than the 9 out of the 10 that was killed by other black people.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Good point.

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

One of my only problems with BLM is that they have black folks that are spreading racism, either they are supporter or members they are spreading racism and BLM Leaders aren't speaking out against them and aren't trying to distant themselves from them. They are the ones that went after Ellen, Blake and Justin, ect.

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Are you sure they were BLM or just regulars

10. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

[YOUTUBE]rpFgniGnoFQ[/YOUTUBE]

Flooding down in Louisiana? Where's Blm with some help?

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

What other movement in the history of our world has been asked to "shut-up" because there are other injustices in existence?

Do we tell the skin cancer research people to shut-up because breast cancer exists? Do we tell assault victims to shut-up because murders exist?

It's this kind of incrementalist thinking that would still have black folks sitting in the back of buses today.

BLM isn't perfect but at least they are trying something.

12. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I see where you're going with that. imo when we say black lives matter and talk about the senseless killing of those in the black community then it includes all killings. Now let's say the name was "end police brutality against whatever group". Now that's something a bit more focused.

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Also,the ones who are against BLM are mostly people who are already against the interests of Black-Americans.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So you say blm should address abortion and now floods? Lol

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So the name of the group is your issue. What's your suggestion. Epbabp?

End police brutality against black people? That's how the group should be referred to? Hahaha!

16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

That would require certain people to take responsibility for their shit choices and how it affects their children and the community. It is much easier to take incidents where white people (cops or vigilantes) are shooting us down. It's always easier to focus on something that doesn't require you to look in the mirror.

It's kind of like how our community likes to blame everything on absent fathers, but puts no blame on the women making shit choices in who they have children with. The black community by and large is a matriarchy so, we can only address outside issues (things white people do) and issues caused by black men. Thus, the community never changes because we can't address all issues within our community because not everyone responsible is willing to accept their part in it and never willing to work to fix it.

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I don't think it needs to change the name, but just focusing on the bad things certain white people do, without focusing on the bad things that take black lives within our own community is kind of ridiculous.

18. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

And this (a lot more eloquent than I could ever put it) is all I am saying.

[​IMG]

19. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

The name encapsulates all of the black lives taken. In general people are not dumb so when they see the name of the group they see the hypocrisy and call it out.

20. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

In Dylan roofs manifesto he alluded to even black people feeling like whites are superior because black people get more upset when they kill one of us than our own selves.

Unfortunately what he said there was right. Why is that death so much more "damaging" than the other ten committed by a black person in the next few minutes.