Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

I Have a feeling that this show will have a spin-off.

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Lmao yes now this was useful :)

If he could make a few more (maybe one for each season) that are more in depth, this girl would be very happy :)

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I could see that.

What I would LOVE to see is this spin-off series:

[​IMG]

But, IF they do a spin-off, I think it would be a prequel and show the Targaryen's rise to power.

4. Cherok33

I love Arya! Her character and her story is such a thrill!

5. Bookworm616

She's one of my favorite characters. She reminds me so much of my daughter in that she just doesn't take shit from anyone and has a very right/wrong/no gray area kind of outlook. She's very much her own person, even as a child.

6. Cherok33

Yes! She is such a bad ass! All the Starks are, really! Even Sansa has grown on me. She was so meek and helpless in the beginning (or so it would seem) and she is turning hard core and growing into a wonderful and dynamic character.

7. Bookworm616

Yeah, Sansa had become quite the tragic figure. I'm glad to see she's FINALLY taking some action for herself.

I have a feeling she's going to marry Littlefinger, and gain control of The Vale and its soldiers and then she's going to kill him. I have a feeling Littlefinger will meet his end by a Stark female - and I think Sansa will be the one to do it. Totally my opinion.

8. Cherok33

Yeah... She may feel more powerful by his side and then decide to go rogue and kill him off. I was reading that some fans think Jon and Sansa will find out they're cousins and marry (wtf?) and some are speculating that Jon will marry Daenerys

I don't see that happening but I like them together

Some are speculating that Cercei will stay on the iron throne for a while, reeking havoc which would make for a good storyline... Some are saying Darnerys will ultimately win and rule the 7 kingdoms

It's an interesting story. That's for certain!

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

CONFIRMED : Season 8 of Game of Thrones is Final Season of Series

At today's Television Critics Association press tour, HBO's new programming chief Casey Bloys officially confirmed that the eighth season of their hit fantasy drama Game Of Thrones would be the show's final bow. When asked about whether or not he planned on going along with showrunners' David Benioff & Dan Weiss desires to conclude the epic series after eight seasons, Bloys replied: “Yes, I think they have a very specific plan about the number of seasons they want to do, If I could get them to do more, I would take 10 seasons, but we want to take their lead with what they can do and what the best version of the show is.” It's been rumored and alluded to for years, but this is the first time someone directly from HBO has spoken on the series' endgame.

Speaking of the eighth season, while Benioff & Weiss have in the past expressed their plans for at least a six episode final year, Bloys said that the exact number of season 8 episodes is unsurprisingly yet-to-be determined, which could certainly mean another hour or two is in store for us before all is said and done.

As for any potential spin-off, it sounds like there is at least a small possibility that something could happen down the line as preliminary discussions to gauge interest have already taken place, but then again, it's still way too early to tell. “We’ve talked about it. It’s something I’m not opposed to, but of course it has to make sense creatively. I’m not sure that (Benioff and Weiss) could really wrap their heads around it when they’re just about to start production (on season 7). It’s a pretty intense production, they’re about to start production soon. I’m open to it. The guys weren’t opposed to it, but there’s no concrete plans for it at this point.”

Production on the upcoming seventh season is expected to being late this year with a summer 2017 premiere date in mind.

10. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

11. Bookworm616

I'm excited about the next season with all of the news coming out about who is spotted on the film set.

Jim Broadbent, whom I LOVED as Professor Slughorn in the last three Harry Potter movies, and Jessica Fletcher, er, I mean, Angela Lansbury! I'm super psyched.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That particular bit is turning out not to be true....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-angela-lansbury-rumor-926923

13. Bookworm616

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Ju90yktzW-g[/YOUTUBE]

15. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Pics from the set looks like the King in the North and the Mother of Dragons will finally meet next season.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert!!! ~ I got the last Game of Thrones book on cd from my library via inter-library loan. One of the main characters engages in all out interracial sex culminating in a surprising IR creampie . . . I could hardly believe my ears lol.

18. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Game of Thrones - "A Dance with Dragons" is available at your local library via audiobook/CD and there is interracial sex performed by a primary character- You have to hear it lol believe it lol

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

So I've finally gotten around to this show starting on season 1 last week and I'm currently on season 5. It can be either incredibly exciting or incredible boring at times. Theirs no in between.

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Setup can be boring.

Young Hershel stop teasing. And use your spoiler tags.