Racist Jerks Twitter Attack Leslie Jones

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Horrible, I liked the movie. I think some people just went in with a mind set already on hating it. As for the racism getting to her... maybe I read her wrong, but she always struck me as the strong type that wouldn't let things like this get to her. She handled criticism strongly before, I guess this was just too much. Sad.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

From what l read earlier, this all started because a well-known blunt, gay, right-wing blogger canned the movie. (it's been labeled the Agenda movie, aka all women roles). Apparently in response, someone impersonating Lesie sent him tweets hurling gay slurs for his critique. It all snowballed from there. I saw some of the tweets towards her. Fucking horrible asswipes.
    I really like her...was lmao when she was on The Match Game on Sunday, joking around with Leah Remini.

*Edit: I went digging for more of the story...here it is..
    the gay, anti-feminist blogger was permently suspended from Twitter.tonight..
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/milo-yiannopoulos-has-been-permanently-suspended-from-twitter/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

These folks on Twitter and other sites are now realizing just because you live in a free country and society, doesn't mean that they are THAT free.

I don't know Leslie Jones. I don't think I have seen her stand-up comedy.

I have nothing against feminism, feminists or strong-willed women.

I wouldn't get in the way of their life journey(or even a man's life journey, as well).

This is one of the main reasons why I am not on these sites.

However the results of the new Ghostbusters film, I won't attack it because I probably won't see it unless it is on cable or DVD.

Freedom of speech and thought is important, but not an a license to impose on the rights of others.

Yet, people do this thing because "This is America."

5. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Twitter is a shit show.

If you read some of the regular comments on YouTube videos, and then imagine what it would be like interacting with those commenters on Twitter, it's insane.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Really well said..Great insight.
    People are free to say what they want but need to understand that the private server they say it on does not protect their speech.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

There is one racist on there her twitter is @LeahRboss she went in on her about Leslie Jones past tweets(jokes about race and skin color), but people then put her on blast because this lady LOVES to tweet about the racism by black people, but people have called her out on ignoring the racism from white people, one of her responses was "Why do I need to challenge white people on race." And of course deflect away from it. White Racist people have found a new way to be racist, they just associate black racists with all black people to justify talking about them and ignoring racism from white people.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Racism is a river. You think you can stop it or divert it, but it always seems to find a way to flow.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Racism flows like water. And like a river, it goes on and on. It's in the air, too. There's no avoiding it.

10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It might be a derivativ, formulaic movie, but then again what movie isn't these days? I still think she's incredibly talented and the guy attacking her is a racist d-bag.

11. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I was told of this whole event happening during real time and checked in to see just how bad it was getting. Jones was responding to every possible negative tweet that she could handle for roughly five hours. That's just plain stupid. She's a freakin' star and yet here she was feeding the trolls and thus bringing more of them into her war of words. She should have responded to a few, made a point, and then allowed her fans/followers to come in and do the heavy lifting. Instead, like a moron, she decided that challenging every hater herself was a good idea. And some of her tweets? Just awful. Even those who tried to intervene and advise her to block the trolls were met with foul-mouthed responses from Jones. Her language was just as bad as those who were insulting her.

I thought comedians most of all were best a handling rude behavior and heckling. Jones surprisingly showed no skill at this. And when things directed at Jones got so vicious, she waved a white flag, made some self-pitying remarks and announced she was leaving twitter. Of course all celebs say that and then end up going back to their social media ways. And sure enough Jones did the same after less than a day afterwards.

I'm not condoning the real racists who went after Jones that night, but she did herself no favors by engaging in that folly for so many hours. Better luck to her going forward