Power on Starz

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by The Dark King, Jun 5, 2014.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Despicable lol. Why do we have to wait a damn yr for new episodes?!

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

It's a Summer Series :D

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Unacceptable lol. I don't remember waiting so long for new episodes of shows growing up. Maybe I'm just getting old who knows. Regardless, it should be year round series lol

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I wish folks would stop comparing "Empire" to "Power". Yes "Power" is a much better show, but it's a VERY STUPID & LAZY comparison.

"Empire" is a night-time Soap Opera on network TV, while "Power" is a cable Crime Drama. If they both weren't black shows, NOBODY would ever compare these 2 shows against each other.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I only did because 50 the creator of Power did right out the gate

6. ColiBreh1

I wasn't specifically calling you out. I see folks compare the 2 shows together all the time (Usually to sh*t on "Empire") on social media & on a another forum I post on. And it gets really annoying knowing they are 2 different types of shows that shouldn't be compared with each other.

7. ColiBreh1

Uhhh. That's how cable shows usually work. 8-13 episodes a season straight through, which is usually 2-3 months.

While Network TV shows are usually 22-24 episodes a season spread out from September-May.

8. ColiBreh1

Watching the Season 3 premiere that aired last week right now. Suprised to see no one bumped this thread with the new season starting up.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's how I prefer some shows, especially where the show is a continuous storyline like Orphan Black, Dark Matter, Jessica Jones, The Walking Dead, etc.

I feel like How long can you go with the story if you make it so long to the point where you are going to have a few episodes that drag on.

10. ColiBreh1

Trailer for the upcoming Season 4 dropped a few weeks ago:

Anybody surprised to see how "Power" went from a show that mostly black folks watched in season 1 to now it's the most popular TV show on Premium cable after "Game of Thrones"?

I was shocked to see how many white people were talking about this show last season.

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just proves a good show/movie can't be denied... unless your racist. lol.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No it shows yet again black people are magic and do a lot with a little.

13. ColiBreh1

I'm watching this week's episode of "Power" (Season 5, Episode 2) right now...

@The Dark King @darkcurry Is it safe to assume that there is NO WAY this series ends on a happy ending? Ghost always ends up in some new shit no matter how much he wants to get outta the game & go legit. Angela always gotta clean-up dirt for Ghost & his associates/family, which takes a strain to her career and is fuccing up any hail Mary chance of them getting back together down the line.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Very stupid move to not take the phone from the son, it would be the first thing a responsible parent would do (jmf episode one) after what happened.

15. ColiBreh1

Y'all watch "Power" out there in the U.K.?

16. Reverie

I have no idea id they do in UK, but here in Norway I watch it.

17. ColiBreh1

I just watched the season 5 penultimate episode of "Power" that aired this week. I can't help but chuckle that Ghost & Angela were just having dinner a 2 or 3 episodes ago because they were getting back together & hoping to have a happy ending even though their both been involved in too much dirt to have a happy ending.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I have Stars and saw Power,great show.

19. Reverie

Too bad Kaanan had to go, he made the show.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope it's not boring because of a lack of IR.