Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Let's hope Keegan-Michael Key isn't portrayed as stereotypically thug or gay.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What do you mean? In all the various movies & TV shows (Not including "MAD TV" and "Key & Peele") I've seen Key in, I don't think I've seen Key potray a sterotypical thug or gay black character.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A screenwriter can make a black male character anything he or she wants because the producer(s) can alter that character from his original intent in the story. It happens all the time.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I had saw the TV show Unsung Hollywood with Tim Reid. One of the projects he did at his studio in Virginia was a movie called Analyzing White America starring Paul Mooney. One of the skits was him being a shrink to a WW.

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This looks really interesting.

6. ColiBreh1

I just watched the movie last night. Gal Gadot was looking fine as hell in this movie. Gal Godot plays Chiwetel's Baby Mama & is the younger sister of a Russian Mob Boss' wife (played by Kate Winslet) who is running the organization while her husband is in prison.

Even though they fuck in the movie (offscreen after the scene of that pic posted by LA) & Kate Winslet claims Gal Gadot cares for Chiwetel's character. Ejiofor & Gadot's relationship isn't romantic at all in this movie. Gal Gadot's character seems like she barely cares about Chiwetel.

Even though Kate Winslet loves & shows affection for her nephew (Ejifor & Gadot's son), she treats Ejiofor like shit. Obviously becauae Russian Mobsters are racist & Kate Winslet's character doesn't like that her sister had a kid with a Brotha.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Oh okay so it was a tease scene. Maybe the sex scene got cut or it's apart of the deleted scenes on the DVD? with it being an R Rated film they had freedom to go ahead with a sex scene. But you made the movie sound a little more interesting to check out, that's the only way I'll watch a movie with IR in it is if it's a good overall film... so maybe I will.

8. Soulthinker

I've mentioned Triple 9 many months back. I like to see if there was action in the deleted scenes myself since I don't have Bluray.

9. ColiBreh1

Naw "Triple 9" is overall a disappointing mediocre-at-best movie. If you're watching for the IR, you'll be disappointed Gal Gadot is only a minor character in the movie.

10. darkcurry

Caught this movie last night on Netflix. Pretty good drama. The very beautiful (and one of my teenage crushes from the 80s) Jennifer Connelly and Anthony Mackie Star in Shelter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A homeless Nigerian immigrant (Anthony Mackie) and a junkie (Jennifer Connelly) band together for survival on the streets of New York.

Directed and Written by Paul Bettany (her husband.)

11. ColiBreh1

I'm currently watching the 1992 Spike Lee-directed movie "Malcom X" starring Denzel Washington for the 1st time.

I didn't know much about Malcolm X other than he's often compared to MLK until I watched the movie "Selma" a year & a half ago.

It's interesting to know that both Malcolm X & MLK messed with White Women in real life. I've always heard folks joked about it, but I didn't know it was for real until I watched these movies. Malcolm's chick Sophia (Played by Kate Vernon) is Bad AF.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Malcolm Little, before that he would become Malcolm X, saw his father get lynched by white men when he was a boy. As he got older his name on the streets was Malcolm Red because of the reddish color of his hair. He dated white women out of revenge against the white man. When he was in prison, his name was Malcolm Satan until he met Elijah Muhammad and soaked in all Elijah Muhammad's teachings like a sponge.

Martin Luther King and Malcolm X were two sides of the same coin. The media was fascinated by Malcolm X because like MLK, Jr., he spoke eloquently and articulately . MLK Jr.,would say, "We shall overcome.'
    Malcolm X would say, "Give me a .45 and we shall overcome."

MLK, Jr. would ask his people what Malcolm X said about him. Malcolm X would ask if MLK, Jr said anything about him.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  13. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

14. Soulthinker

I remember that flick Drum it is a sequel or sorts from Mandingo.

15. Soulthinker

I've mentioned that in previous threads over the years. MLK was involved with a German woman at Crozier University and Malcolm was involved with a Armenian woman. She does not look like the WW character in his book or movie.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Drum was the direct sequel to Mandingo. Athlete Ken Norton was in the film along with John Colicos(Count Baltar from Battlestar Galactica).

17. ColiBreh1

I'm 27 minutes into the movie "Everybody Wants Some!!" that came out earlier this year. It's a spitural successor/sequel to the 1993 cult-classic film "Dazed and Confused" & it's from the same Director/Writer/co-producer Richard Linklater.

The movie is about college baseball players at a fictional Texas College in 1980 who all live in the same house off-campus.

1 of the characters is a brotha named Dale who plays 2nd Base played by J. Quinton Johnson. He hooks up with a chick at a party named Michelle played by Anna Vanston.

18. Soulthinker

Got to see that flick when it comes to cable.

19. darkcurry

Craig Robinson and Virginia Madsen - Father Of Invention

[​IMG]

20. ColiBreh1

Was watching the documentary movie "Hidden Colors 4" this past weekend & the first 10 minutes got me thinking are there any ancient/medieval times movies about The Moors?

Folks put me onto this 1964 movie "The Long Ships" Co-Starring Sidney Poitier who plays Moorish king Aly Mansuh who is a Dragon Moor (aggressive, war like leader).

Anyways his queen/wife Aminah is played by italian actress Rosanna Schiaffino.

Here's the trailer:

Here's a clip from the movie:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List