Apple or Android?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Nikkers, Aug 13, 2013.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I prefer all things Apple, but their "no clones" policy means that their devices are generally too expensive. While I will make the sacrifice for my desktop and laptop, phones are not that important to me to spend that much money on them.

2. FRESH

FRESH New Member

It's all Apple today, let's see what's going down.

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Come on iPhone people, y'all know this made you laugh :p

4. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lol my bf looks at me and laughs every time the stupid samsung commercial comes on :cool: Dude thinks it's funny as hell lol

All you android users are just hating...iphone always has been and always will be superior. Act like you know :D

5. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

Apple all dAy baby!!!

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You both need to stop sucking Steve Jobs' dead dick and realize this new phone is wack. It's clear they are basically living off fumes right now

7. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Go ahead and taste the apple homie...

8. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I was having this conversation with co-workers at HH tonight. The PM's and Sales folk generally preferred iPhone, while developers were 100% android.

Basically, people who are able to do critical thinking go android.
    People who are susceptible to product marketing and also likely struggle to complete that game where you put the shapes into the correct hole (triangle into triangle, circle into circle) prefer iPhone.

9. The Dark King

Game set match

10. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

11. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

I don't care about your opinion. I like the phone and that's all that matters.

12. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

It's still wack.

13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Both it all depends how much the handset is, as I don't like tying myself into contracts for 18 or 24 months.
    I have month to month sim only and I can cancel it whenever I want, better plans and better minutes.

At the moment I'm using an iphone 4s but I have a HTC sense-s in the draw and a HTC one (my partners old one)

I like them all and they are all very easy to use, but my SKY Satelite tv app only works on the HTC one.

My partner just got the HTC one M8 he likes it, I must say it has a nice crisp finish and you can put an SD card in it which is a bonus.

14. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

The M8 looks amazing! When I saw it I almost jumped on it but I really like the idea of removable batteries. Every phone I've ever owned has had them and it's something that I really can't do without. I have two spares and a charger so I could be away for weeks and not have to worry about battery life. It's great :D

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt036

16. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Yeah, me as well.

This whole non removable battery thing is just a way of putting a shelf life on your phone imo.

It's a nice looking phone though and it looks very stylish, when he showed me the pic of it online I thought it looked a bit shite with the speakers at the front, but it's pretty classy in person lol

17. satyr

satyr New Member

Cellular communication reached its technological peak years ago. At the end of the day you're talking about an instrument of spoken communication. The technology dates back to the 19th century and since we've found increasingly novel ways to untether our phones from the wall.

OK. So now what? You have a phone that can be used for talking, texting, and getting on the internet. What else can the damn thing possibly do?

Short of a breakthrough that implants a chip under your skin, it doesn't matter what kind of operating system or manufacturer you pick.

18. The Dark King

Now you sound like an old foggie.
    Speed and storage has increased at an incredible rate. 10 years ago I was amazed that I had a phone that lit up with a blue back light now I have access to all of human knowledge in my pocket. My phone can navigate me to my desired destination to almost pinpoint accuracy, I can listen days worth of music, I can watch days worth of movies. I can learn almost anything I want whenever I want with my phone, you greatly underestimate how far these smartphones have pushed us on the evolutionary scale. Kids are learning languages on family road trips, learning how to make stuff all from a little device the size of my palm.

19. satyr

satyr New Member

Really, what's my middle name?

None of those things are unique to telephone technology, merely additions from pre-existing technology. GPS and mp3 players can all be used separately from a phone that contains those options. Yeah you can watch movies and TV shows on your phone but why would you? Emil Krebs became fluent in 68 languages way before the advent of smartphones or even the personal computer, so that's a moot point.

20. The Dark King

It's not a moot point when more than just one exception now has the opportunity to do so. Yeah my bike can get me to where ever I want to go but my car is far more convenient and efficient. So yeah the tech existed but was it as accessible and user friendly to so many people. A great example of how phones have changed everything, look at all the social dissent and how quickly it can be covered now. We no longer have to rely on ratings driven "news" for information, we are far more connected. Why use several devices when a single device meets all your needs?