college football fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by learnin2fly08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Well my college football weekend was kinda a washout literally. I am a gators fan and my game was suspended after lightning delays I got to see my gator return a kickoff and that was it.

Alabama has been suspect the last few years to be honest. They get all the hype for having top recruiting classes and a great coach but so many people are blinded when it come to Saban and the Alabama worship they don't see things as they really are. The fact is Alabama has not had any kind of pass rush in the last couple of years depending on getting teams in 3rd and long and unleashing the blitz. They also have had one of the worst secondary in the SEC the last few years and the only reason that they have not been exposed more is because most teams in the SEC were built to run the ball. Notice all the teams they struggled with in the last few years spread you out and throw the ball. A&M, Oklahoma, Auburn, even going back to Utah. The only spread team they really have not struggled against really have been Ole Miss and Miss St.

Les Miles IMO is just a good a coach as Saban and he does not get nearly the credit Saban does. LSU has lost more talent to the NFL in the last few years than any other team in the SEC yet they continue to win.

Hard to gauge some teams after this weekend though lots of cupcake matchups. Though UCLA had better get their OLine fixed, FSU it wont be as easy the second time around, everyone is gunning for you, Ohio State better have a good defense and get their QB lots of reps before conference play. Still think the SEC east is wide open, Gurley was impressive but the new QB Mason not scaring me he will eventually have to make some plays you aren't getting 200 yds from Gurley in the SEC.

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It is truly the most wonderful time of the year when the football avis come out. Now that my alma mater has a football team I may have to switch it up every few weeks lol.

I was surprised at how much Wisconsin was able to keep LSU in check. I'm not a Wisconsin fan like that but it worries me that compared to previous seasons Les Miles really came close to losing.

I agree with you for the most part. I would have liked to see Florida play last night (even though it was only against Idaho) and Tennessee is only playing Utah State but we need to get deeper into the conference season the be sure. Still I'm picking Georgia to win the east again this season. If everyone stays healthy it's going to come down to Georgia and possibly Mizzou and Florida.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

4. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My current "adopted" team is Alabama since the sweetheart likes em so much ;). With the work that's gone into the quilt I'm making so far though, I think I'm starting to hate the team... so many little freaking pieces to cut :p

He did mention he was concerned about the team this year though. A lot of the older guys left, and most of the team is very young now. A lot of the younger freshies were all-American in high school apparently, and just lack the college football experience. We'll see if that's true lol!

5. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Not expecting much out of the Tigers this year. We are really fresh at key positions (QB!), and our DLine seems a little bit suspect.

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. I still have hope that we'll pull through though and remain competitive!

On a side note, not sure if you caught Jeremy Hill on Thursday but man it was SO sweet to see him kill it in that game! I'm not a Bengals fan but I was screaming for them like it was the Raiders playing. Love to see these college kids move on to the NFL and find success (even if it's still early on) :)

7. Since1980

Not to mention that they play in the toughest division in college football. Between Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss I wouldn't be surprised if they ended the season with three losses at a minimum especially since Auburn and A&M are road games. The SEC West is Murderers' Row. Depending on how good Florida is this year (also a road), it could be as many as four. If Florida can avoid all the injuries they had last season and actually learn to put up points, that team is going to be ugly.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  8. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Yeah, the first 3 were disturbing. I actually stopped watching and didn't learn they'd won until days later

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

LSU fan?

10. satyr

satyr New Member

blech! all these SEC fans, I want Brett Hundley to have a Heisman season and push UCLA to the top of the Pac-12. Once the tournament starts, it's anyone's championship.

11. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Hope my Maryland Terrapins have a good year in the Big Ten!! Cheers!!!!!!!!

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Florida State Suspends Star Quarterback Jameis Winston 1/2 a Game For Jumping On Table, Yelling Obscenity

:rolleyes:

...The phrase in question -- "F**k her right in the p***y!" -- was popularized by a fake viral video, which turned into a meme and has become popular on college campuses. It's unclear what prompted Winston to act as he did, but we're pretty sure he wasn't calling an audible.

In a conference Wednesday, FSU coach Jimbo Fisher reprimanded Winston for the stunt, acknowledging that "t was not a good decision."

"You can't make certain statements that are derogatory or inflammatory to any person, race or gender. You have to understand that," Fisher told USA Today. "You have to be very intelligent about what you say, (because) it matters."

The stunt is only the latest in a long line of troubled moments for the Heisman Trophy winner, who has also been accused of sexual assault and stealing crab legs.

13. satyr

satyr New Member

Winston is a ticking time bomb. His handlers will clean him up for the draft, but I don't see him having a long, flourishing career in the NFL.

14. Since1980

Crazy-ass week in college football

[​IMG]

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Whats funny katie perry called the two upsets (miss games). Thats wild

16. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Damn, my Tigers looked like hot shit against the other Tigers today.

Maybe nw all those LSU fans calling for Brandon Harris can shut the fuck up and let Jennings do his thing?

17. Since1980

LSU is going to have a rough season this year, mainly because they havenn't even played their toughest games yet. On the bright side they get Ole Miss and Bama at home. And since Florida barely beat Tennessee they'll probably win that game next week, too. But then they have to go on the road to play Arkansas and Texas A&M...yeah, I wouldn't want that schedule hanging over my head.

I definitely agree with you on Brandon Harris, though. LSU needs a quarterback and he isn't the guy. It's time to pull the plug on him.

Edit: On the other hand, he is a freshman and part of me thinks that they should stick with him so that he'll be better prepared for next season. Les Miles has got some decisions to make.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  18. satyr

satyr New Member

UCLA playing that Division III ball today. Go Bruins.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Auburn got smoked and bama is struggling

20. Since1980