Apollo Creed Files For Divorce

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Sep 10, 2008.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Weathers Files For Divorce

9 September 2008 12:12 AM, PDT

Rocky star Carl Weathers' third marriage appears to have ended after just 17 months - the actor has filed for divorce.

Weathers, who played boxing champ Apollo Creed in the fight franchise, filed for divorce from wife Jennifer Peterson in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, citing irreconcilable differences.

In court papers obtained by TMZ.com, Weathers also requested the judge order Peterson to pay for his legal fees.

Weathers married documentary filmmaker Peterson in a beach ceremony in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico last year.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sad

It is sad that it happened that way. Hope he find someone new soon.

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

3rd marriage? sounds like he has bad luck...

or maybe its something hes doing wrong?

4. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

I've seen a couple of posts from ladies saying that he seems stuck on himself somewhat so who knows?:confused:
    [​IMG]

5. shion

shion New Member

stuck on himself???? maybe so...

There was a story going around that Carl Weathers went in for a screen test with the Rocky producers to read for Apollo Creed.Sly Stallone , who was an unknown at the time, walked in to portray Rocky in the scene to see if they both had any chemistry together. Both Carl and Stallone kept rehearsing the screen test repeatedly in front of producers until Weathers got frustrated and complained that if he had a better actor to work with other than Stallone , the scene would be better!!!! Stallone , reportedly, hit the roof since because he wrote the script for Rocky.The producers managed to calm both men down and decided to select Weathers for the part of Apollo Creed since Carl's persona wasn't a far stretch from the movie character. Maybe a lil' full of himself.

6. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

17 months huh? Just enough time to claim half. These old brothas need to tighten up their game. These white chicks are taking them to the bank and then some.

7. calgirl

calgirl New Member

she didn't get anything - just heartbreak

I know her, she's super cool and does animal rescue too. 17 months and he didn't work during that time - she saw nothing (California is a no fault state and ten years is when alimony gets more pricey) - so your post is very misleading. She married for true love, he dumped her as he does all his women, eventually.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Da fuq? Are you her agent?

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I learn something every day.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

u beat me to the punch

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

When Sylvester Stallone wrote Rocky, he was very much unemployed and in debt. When MGM/UA saw the screenplay, they loved it. Stallone then told them that he had to play Rocky. The studio said no. After a while, Stallone won and was given 2.5 million dollars to make it. Carl Weathers seemed right for the part of Apollo Creed, whose character was like Muhammad Ali. I hope that he and his wife move forward toward better things than bitterness and resentment.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

after 3 marriages he needs to look at himself