Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

2. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I just started playing that on my wack ass iPad Air that I'm returning to Best Buy on Jan 14th, 1 day before my return period expires.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

....winter is coming and you know what they say about blacks and cold weather

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm about to buy it though. I don't watch the shows, but I buy anything from Telltale.

5. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

How do you like the game? I wanna check it out sooooo bad.

6. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Hey, I'm from Poland, and ever since I moved to Florida, I'm like "fuck winter, never again."

Let me know how you like it. Although the experience for you might be a little different if you're not a GOT fanatic like I am. :D

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I don't watch the Walking Dead either, but it's one of my favorite games in recent time. I think I'll like, maybe even love, GoT.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

LOL! Just caught "The Mountain and The Viper" rebroadcast on Sunday during the rebroadcast of the entire last season. It hasn't gotten any easier to watch since then...

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Release to bluray already for fucks sake

I can't wait til February/march

10. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Just finished playing episode 1 of the GOT TT game. It was pretty friggin good. Can't wait for episode 2 to be released (can't believe I gotta wait till February for it). Still though, I'd highly recommend to any GOT fan. :p

11. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

I know!!! Oberyn Martell was my favorite and biggest GOT male crush yet. It was horrible to watch. It was all about that split second when he looked at his paramour when The Mountain grabbed him. If he hadn't looked at her, it wouldn't have happened, because he was too fast for that (like when he first appeared and stabbed the guy's hand telling him he was too slow).

12. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

[youtube]boY5jktW2Zk[/youtube]

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think he may have looked at her one last time because he knew from that grip that it was the end.

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[HDYT]93BCoZjtlOQ[/HDYT]

15. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

:smt060 Thank you for posting that!!!

Speaking of GOT, I was informed today that Season 4's episodes 9 and 10 are temporarily playing at select IMAX theaters this week. SCORE!!!
    https://www.imax.com/movies/m/game-of-thrones-the-imax-experience-season-4-episodes-9-and-10/

Then, I heard on the radio this afternoon that a local Comcast location is going to have the Iron Throne on display tomorrow. :smt048:smt051:smt054:smt023:smt119:heart::smt026

I need a hoTT date for all of the above.

16. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Saw GOT in IMAX tonight and it was uuuuuuhmazing! :smt048

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

George R.R. Martin’s Original ‘Game of Thrones’ Trilogy Synopsis

from the Wrap.com

SPOILER WARNING: Do not read if you are not at least caught up on what is going on with the TV series.

A 1993 letter from author George R.R. Martin reveals his original story line for “A Song of Ice and Fire,” which would later be adapted into popular HBO series “Game of Thrones.”

The letter to Martin’s publisher leaked when Waterstones Books originally tweeted photos of the document, which were later deleted. But, a Tumblr user did fans a solid and re-posted the photos.

The typed letter details Martin’s original plan for the book series before it was published, which included that the series originally would be a trilogy with five surviving characters: Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow and Stark children Arya and Bran.

For those who’d like to see what else Martin envisioned for the book series, here’s some highlights from the original synopsis:

Ed and Catelyn Stark still die: The Starks still don’t end well. Ed Stark dies at the hands of Joffrey Baratheon, and Catelyn flees North with her children Arya and Bran. Catelyn still meets her demise – like on Season 3 of the HBO series – but by the hands of The Others. Her son, Robb, will die on the battlefield against the Lannisters but not before killing the despicable Joffrey.

Arya and Jon fall in love: Arya and her half-brother Jon fall in love although they never act on their feelings. Their love comes to a halt when his true lineage – heavily speculated by book readers – is revealed. While on the run from his brother, Tyrion falls for Arya when he sides with the Starks.

Sansa actually marries Joffrey and bears Joffrey’s heir : Betraying her family, Sansa weds Joffrey and bears him an heir before regretting her decision.

Daenerys avenges her ruthless brother Viserys: In this earlier version, Daenerys Targaryen is actually upset that Khal Drogo kills her brother, Viserys and exacts her revenge before beginning a siege on the Seven Kingdoms.

At letter’s end, the final paragraph is blacked out before Martin writes his goodbye.

“I hope you will find some editors who are as excited about all of this as I am. Feel free to share this letter with anyone who wants to know how the story will go,” Martin wrote.

Obviously, a lot of the original story has changed in the last 22 years. However, it should be interesting to note that all of the characters originally meant to survive by story's end are still alive in the current series. Perhaps that's the one element of the story that's remained constant?

19. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

:smt043 So true.

20. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

I've actually thought about these characters teaming up. Like for example:
    - when Bran is told by the 3-eyed raven that he won't walk again, but that he will fly (I thought of the dragons),
    - when Varys tells Tyrion in the latest trailer that he can help someone (a woman) get the throne
    - how Jon will need the dragons to deal with the White Walkers ("only fire will stop them")
    - what if Tyrion were also going to Braavos.
    - they could totally get along.

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing!