The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Needed more Laura Palmer obviously :p

I loved the xfiles and am eagerly awaiting a reboot/continuation

2. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

I :smt049 Laura Palmer!!! My ex-husband used to say she reminded him of me (not the looks, just the way of being, I guess. I'm no blonde prom queen. Also, I'm not a hooker, and never worked at a perfume counter, lol.)

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Damn....and here I thought I snagged a trophy wimmen

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

What should I watch? War (Li, Statham)? Assault of Precinct 13 (remake)? Transporter 3? Justice League? Superman/Batman: Public Enemies?

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Sharknado

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Ah, if only...

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I used to watch Twin Peaks. I remember the episode where Laura Palmer's murderer was revealed. And Josie Packard meets a strange fate.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

All good choices. Batman/Superman :public Enemies would be my first choice, Assault On Precinct 13(remake) is my second choice, for starters.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

superman/batman public enemies was good. Kevin conroy(batman) and Tim Daly(superman) were old college buddies so it is like hearing old buddies chat since batman and superman are old buddies. They reminiscence about things in that movie and have a gallery of bad guys to fight. good buddy movie!

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

A lot of people don't like 8. I did. It was very, very stable for me and I like the Metro Tiles thing. I do a lot of audio and for my needs, it was a big improvement.

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

too many user interface changes is the basic issue.
    After over 10 years of having a start button, guess what people will expect. Windows 10 is trying to get back to that.

Any how until they bring back windows media center, I won't upgrade pass 7. I only do two things on windows record tv and play games. Everything else can be done on my ubuntu computer.

12. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

I hope the Log Lady is back too in the new season. She's awesome.

[youtube]XmSj0pRwWps[/youtube]

[youtube]RJzKftpjXmU[/youtube]

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Forget log lady when do you come back

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I really don't miss the start button menu. I have everything I need pinned to the Metro tiles. Plus, a constant news and weather update. Way more efficient to me.

How was WMC, anyway? I had it on XP and never took advantage of it. Better than a DVR?

15. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

When do I come back where?

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Batman/Superman: Public Enemies was in my very humble opinion, the best animated film in the DC animated film roster. The drawings were clear, detailed and crisp. The chemistry between Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly was undeniable even when the did Batman/Superman: World's Finest. They just clicked. The who's who of heroes and villains was a great touch. It was similar to Justice League: The New Frontier.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

For some strange reason I never really got into the Log Lady. I had a connection to The Bookhouse Boys and Agent Dale(I forgot his last name). Then there was the woman who's husband who intentionally shot out her eye in a hunting trip. It was interesting that in the cast of Twin Peaks, there was Richard Beymer and Russ Tamblyn(both were in West Side Story), Peggy Lipton, Jack Nance(he was in a cult classic film called Eraserhead).

18. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

I absolutely could not stand James. Such a whiny emo he was, on his stupid motorcycle, with his pouty face. When they read the part of Laura's diary (or listened to the tape, don't remember now) where she was saying all that stuff about him, I was like: yes, finally... :cool:

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It's been a while. I saw TP when I was in college when it came out. But stopped when my studies took over. A friend on campus would bring me up to date on it(among other things).

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

From Time Lord to Marvel Villain

[​IMG]

Huge news for fans of David Tennant, the Gracepoint and Doctor Who star is making his way to Netflix on the upcoming 13-episode series debuting in 2015, Jessica Jones, which follows up Daredevil.

Tennant has been cast as the villainous Killgrave on the show, starring opposite Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones) and Michael Colter (Luke Cage) which is being developed by executive producer and showrunner Melissa Rosenberg.

“I'm so honored and excited by the prospect of David inhabiting this multifaceted character,” said Rosenberg. “He can deliver the most heart-wrenching moment to the driest of lines, and all points in between. He'll make Killgrave a truly original villain."

In addition, Marvel's Head of Television, Jeph Loeb said that he's the man they need for the job and he brings a huge amount of dedication to his role.

The synopsis of the show is as follows:

After a tragic ending to her short-lived super hero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City.

Jessica Jones will be debuting on Netflix in 2015.