Don't look over ya shoulder Iggy . . . Niykee is coming

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Young Herschel, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

So I just learned about this Minnesota Snowbunny last month and word is that half of the pro athletes, rappers and R&B playboys are lighting up her phone; Skip to 6:10 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7OkKgrPsK4

She has been signed to Russell Simmons and if I know Russ . . . he already pulled those pretty panties down lol: https://www.google.com/search?q=niy...F22%2Fniykee-heaton-bad-intentions-ep;640;640

Niykee Heaton, a first generation American of South African Boer blood, could be the next blue-eyed R&B superstar or at least pop princess . . . time will tell. Listen to a few of her tracks here and judge for yourself (I say that Trey Songz gets it first lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jry11x7FV30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFld62d-T4

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

She's been around for quite some time and I have to admit, she's not really all that bad. Pretty much happy to see her actually being able to get herself out there.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's hard to be happy for this shit. She's a decent singer but is it me or is hip hop getting whiter and whiter? Are there any rock and pop people coming out who are people of color? It's a little annoying

And another blonde haired blue eyed pretty "outsider"? Lord Jesus help me with this bs.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

actually yeah. there some black preteens that is a gqrd rock band that was signed. forgot the name of the band tho

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]BjMfdzjbl_Q[/YOUTUBE]​

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thanks

7. The Dark King

Dope thanks for sharing. Now all they need is a kick ass singer like Amy Lee

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

My thing is....why are we purposely pigeonholing ourselves when we're essentially a wide array of talent from all walks of life? Maybe we should spread our tastes a bit more and see if we can support black artists from a wide range of genres like country, death metal, African metal, rock, and other unusual or unorthodox means?

Maybe instead of bitching of something getting "whiter and whiter," at least see that the music business is slowly growing more integrated.

9. The Dark King

Since that was directed at me let me retort. Ain't nobody bitching it's an observation. Kind of like if I said there are more and more shows with female leads that seem to have more "balls" than male leads.
    And the "talent" coming in replacing black talent aren't really that talented. This girl is cute but she isn't that great of a singer she's just marketable and sorry t say it makes me sad. I absolutely love hip hop and with a resurgence of new talent making it hot again like J.Cole Angel Haze and Kendrick Lemar it is sad to see watered down acts like her and Iggy Azaela taking up space. Obviously its not their fault what people consume but it is sad.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Now if blacks actually listened to rock music, maybe they'd have a following

11. The Dark King

slow down corner boy a lot of blacks listen to rock. It's not our fault the hoodrats dominate out there on Broad St. lol

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Do you know how much I was teased at work for listening to 'white' music

Usually it was fellow blacks who'd tease me....white coworkers used to assassinate me when I would front around other blacks when I denied singing along to the b-52s with them

Love shack, baby!

P.s. I know I used when a lot....fuck it

13. The Dark King

Totally understand. I was only into hip hop and reggae until I worked at a music store my senior of hs. So I was listening from Three Eye Blind to Nsync for 20 hrs a week so I developed a taste for a lot of things. Loved Smashing Pumpkins, Alanis Morrisette, Fiona Apple, 98 Degrees etc. Shit I would have never been exposed to hanging out with my group of friends. Even my girlfriends in hs never exposed that stuff to me it was all hip hop all the time. Ironically it's what made me appealing to white girls in hs lol

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Listening to nsync plus being on the tennis team = lots of bro-rassment

I always thought their music was catchy and never understood why people would say ur gay for listening to them

Gotdamn Neanderthal circles i ran in

I also liked Britney Spears

Lots of pushing and chest slapping happened as a result lol

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

u need to stop hanging around hoodrats

16. The Dark King

Dude I ran cross country and listened to that shit. I caught bloody hell and I was dating white girls before it was cool. Back then it was all about latina girls (absolutely no interest. Becky always wins in my book).
    Sometimes I envy the hell out of these kids today it so easy and they don't even know

17. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Holy crap, these kids are awesome!!! They're my son's age too, who could be their lead and/or DJ (give them a nice industrial sound). :smt045 :smt043

They were on Colbert: http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/oyl7ka/unlocking-the-truth. They're friggin awesome.

The metal Indonesian girl should join them (reposting from the metal/rock thread):

[youtube]aDQSY2mmCAs[/youtube]

These kids rule. :smt023

[​IMG]

18. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Yes please -and- bulls eye. Look at these rocking kids for example, it's totally happening. Things may appear "weird" to someone with "old school mentality," but totally natural to a progressive thinker. The world is changing and going wherever it's going regardless of everyone's individual perception, as it always has. Did you hear what the kid said about the meaning behind the band's name (Unlocking the Truth) on Colbert? My point exactly. :smt106 Faith in humanity: restored. :mrgreen:

19. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

[​IMG]

20. free816

free816 New Member

Yes sir, i hear you,, at the same time I think it's all bad doesn't matter who it's from the new WU cd is banging tho