Inspiration Thread

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by The Dark King, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Sometimes we get a little down on ourselves and need a pick me up. I stumbled on some videos that have pulled me out of funk and helped me get back on the right path from time to time. This particular video stuck out to me because I've noticed a lot of woe is me attitudes on here me included and realized sometimes we all need a little wake up call.
    Share any videos you might want to add

[YOUTUBE]OSYtQy9EqTA[/YOUTUBE]

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

3. The Dark King

You my beloved Tarshi are amazing my fr:smt023iend

4. wtarshi

5. The Dark King

6. wtarshi

i so agree that everyone should experience life outside of their country and their comfort zone. i did mean it when i said that you're always welcome to stay at mine if you were to come over...please keep that in mind:D

7. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

That's something I've never done, and I thought it was out of the question now. But a recent conversation with a friend was pretty inspiring. I may not do it for some time, but eventually I'm going to spend some time in the UK. Probably Cardiff, maybe Scotland. I don't know yet how, but all I need is the clear goal - the means will sort themselves out eventually. They always do. Five years before I moved to Colorado I decided that's what I wanted to do. I had no "extra" money, no way to transfer my job at that point, a grumpy teenager, and a boyfriend. Five years later, I owned a home in Colorado Springs, was able to work from home, and the teenager had become a young adult. It just all fell into place when the time was right.

8. The Dark King

Keep us inspired Trix

9. wtarshi

i loved living in the UK. london and i just seemed to click and i miss it terribly. i was even able to cope with the weather lol.

i would love to move to the US one day, most probably chicago and also back to england. i brought up the moving to england subject with the ex on thursday night & he said over his dead body (which i'd be happy to arrange), so it's obviously not going to be any time soon unfortunately. if it's meant to be, it will be.

10. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Lynn Hill was the first person, male or female to free climb the Nose at El Cap. (Free climbing means without using gear which assists your upward motion, only safety gear)

For years, the line in the climbing community was "Some day, some guy is gonna free The Nose." The guy turned out to be this petite woman.

[YOUTUBE]0NW7tFtdq2U[/YOUTUBE]

Climbing as a metaphor for life. Hear what she says about climbing - it can be pretty well applied anywhere. On-sight climbing means climbing something you've never seen before, bottom to top without falls. [YOUTUBE]3CrXu67X0EY[/YOUTUBE]

And this one because she's just an amazing athlete to watch in action. She makes this look easy. Trust me....it's not. I think she was the first woman to climb this [YOUTUBE]R8zg2n_OIuQ[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, gentlemen? Climbing does *astounding* things to male bodies. Dear gods there are men in the 50s and 60s who are long time climbers who have bodies which would put in shape 25 year olds to shame

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  11. The Dark King

That's amazing shit. I often wish I had the courage to do stuff like that. But I have an intense fear of falling. I might try some indoor climbing though. It looks like fun.

12. The Dark King

Life is a game of inches

[YOUTUBE]WO4tIrjBDkk[/YOUTUBE]

13. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

It's a totally amazing feeling. You just don't think about falling. And you have to trust your gear and your partner. Nothing better than climbing something you just *knew* you wouldnt be able to do. But you get up there, and you have no choice - it's not like a helicopter is going to pluck you off the cliff if you get scared. So you just DO it.

You can learn a lot climbing indoors, but it is in no way the same thing. My ex bf started climbing with me, and got to a "low intermediate" kind of stuff indoors. The first time I took him outdoors, I put him on a climb about 3 grades lower than he was climbing indoors. He was a bit put out, to say the least. Until he got up about 20 feet and said "This is different. Wow. Ok, you can lower me down now." (We were toproping so he wasn't stuck up there)

14. The Dark King

My biggest test in life is faith my friend and I just don't have any right now. I need to feel in control and I don't want to count on a partner or gear. I'm Mr What if lol

15. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I'm not by nature a trusting person, so I hear you. But I learned to trust *myself* not to fall, knowing I was backed up by solidly placed gear (I learned to both sport lead and trad lead, so I didnt' have to rely on someone else to place the gear LOL), and I only climbed outside with partners I trusted.

One of my favorite partners was a young guy who was 6'2' and built - he was Italian and had been a pro soccer player. We had totally opposite strengths as climbers, so we managed to push one another a lot to get better. (And no, he wasn't a boyfriend or even a fling, just a really sweet young man - in fact I used to tell him if he'd been born here with his looks, his money, and his brains he'd probably have been an arrogant annoying asshole)

16. The Dark King

Gotta Respect The Young

[YOUTUBE]9M4tdMsg3ts[/YOUTUBE]

17. qnet

qnet New Member

Nice thread, I have come to believe in the power of positive thinking. I watched the DVD "The secret" and it has really helped me and, changed me in a very positive way. It's not always easy using the laws of attraction but, I believe it works.

18. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Wait, wait....does that mean if you want a WW you have to *be* a WW???

I'm so confused...

19. qnet

qnet New Member

LOL!! Oh no, I'm sorry maybe I should have explained it better. The law of attraction can apply to anything you desire. The idea is, you can have anything you want and, it's all based on the images you hold in your mind and how you feel. Every thing you are bringing into your life you are attracting it - whether positive or negative - it just depends on how you think and feel.

A lot of you may practice this and not even know it. I know I did.

I don't know for sure and could be wrong but, I think you've practiced this also Treepixie based on your statement below:

It's a amazing thing and - like a said - has helped me. Not with the women I want to meet but, just getting along with people and, being happy & grateful for what I have. It's not always easy and, takes some practice but; I believe in it.

A good example - sort of your example treeP - is thinking about a particular women I'd want to be with. It's not enough to just think about her but, imagine how it would feel to hold her hand or, hug her and, actually have the feelings inside. When you put those feelings out into the universe, it will respond.

It's not a easy thing for some people to follow. For me I am having to train myself to think positively. When you are use to thinking negative about a lot of things, like I use to; it seems hard but, it really isn't. The good thing is positive emotions are more stronger than negative ones.

Edit: and you can still believe in God, at least I do and, pray everyday.

20. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

LOL Sorry, I was teasing. In some ways, it's a simplistic form of magic working, which is something I grew up doing.

I do think there's a place for "some shit just happens." For instance, I have a friend who has been a paraplegic since she was 18 and in a motorcycle accident. I don't believe that she "attracted" the accident due to negative thinking.

But I do believe that visualization is helpful in the practice of magic, and in the practice of the kinds of concepts outlined in the book you cited, and several others.

I'd suggest a wee little book called "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain for more information on how to use visualization positively in your life.