The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]tmeOjFno6Do[/YOUTUBE]

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

villian looks nice.
    How do they get quicksilver in but not antman/yellowjacket?
    I mean the orginal and not the guy who took over?

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Robert Downey Jr. = $$$

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that Joss Whedon originally had plans to introduce Hank Pym in the original draft of the first Avengers movie but was told to remove him due to Marvel wanting to include him in the solo Ant-Man movie. Yellow Jacket is said to be the villain for the upcoming Ant-Man movie, but it won't be Hank Pym in the Yellow Jacket costume.

5. archangel

awesome way to just walk over the guy. poor hank

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Depends. This is the official Marvel Cinematic Hank Pym. Old Man Version Tony Stark.

[​IMG]

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]CTPbSE-O0rE[/YOUTUBE]

8. archangel

They are working on a static shock. That I will watch!!!!:p

It is a good month

star wars
    spiderman
    tmnt
    mr. pickles

walking dead
    american horror story

Have I forgotten anything?

9. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

I just saw the entire Breaking Bad series on Nextflix in less than a week. lol.
    I nerd out with arsty and techy stuff. I'm also into law and music. I'm starting my own business which includes "nerd" in the name. :smt024

10. archangel

[​IMG]

Reasons why batman vs superman will not be good!

It took two movies for them to flush out this comic. now they want to do it in a movie with no connection between batman and superman.

11. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

It can very easily be fleshed out. Take Star Wars or Lord of The Rings, when they came out there was a full fleshed out story and noone knew the characters prior to. We know superman already so half of it is done. But with that said they aren't adapting is straight up, its more i.inspired. So time will tell lol

12. archangel

When Star Wars came out, it wasn't until the second movie that Skywalker took on Vader(empire strikes back). That was two movies. That also wasn't the big fight which was in Return of the Jedi.

We don't know who batman is in this movie.(by that I mean affleck's batman).

Batman is the first name in the movie that is suppose to be a sequel to superman. very odd.

I'm a DC fan over marvel but it seems that the captain america vs ironman will be done better.

I just wished they did it that way. The fight would be more meaningful.

13. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

Ima Dc guy myself but marvel does have the liberty of longevity with its characters. Saying that though i dont think the fight will be a combatant as we're thinking.Meaning trying to kill each other as opposed to just disagreeing. What i meant is that Batfleck will probably get the most character development to fill in the General audience. The title is for money making purposes only lol which im sure u know.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Batman and Superman may disagree about their approaches to crime fighting and restoring order, but they would not even think of killing each other. They have each other's back.

15. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

I believe they're trying to keep a real world approach. The world is unsure of superman bc of the events in man of steel. Humans are skeptical. Batman being batman he should be skeptical of this super powered being. He has to figure him out, learn him. The fight may just be that, a test. I do agree it would hold more weight to the general audience if it were Bale but to fanboys, were gonna lose it when they share the first scene together lol.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This is how it plays out in the new52 version of justice league in the comics, sorta

Batman and green lantern take turns fighting him, but it doesn't go well as you can imagine

Batman ends up using his bag of tricks, but one by one supes just laughs it off

With the man of steel tho, people have already been exposed to superman I think

I can't remember if batman actually knew about him and what he stood for in the new52 justice league origins before going on the offensive

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Batman will always be skeptical of super-powered beings because Batman is proud of and has faith in his education and training. So, it would stand to reason, that Batman would have to study an opponent. In fact, everyone does that in one form or another.

For an actor to play Batman, it is a physical, emotional and mental undertaking. For the writer of a Batman movie, it is an undertaking of awareness of what the world of Batman/Bruce Wayne and understanding the dichotomy of the two, even though, they are one being. Understanding of the other supporting characters, including the villains. While at the same time, create something that would appeal to filmgoers other than the fanboys.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Batman has beaten the shit out of Superman. I remember that comic and the one line I remember that stood out was "Remember who beat you Clark"
    I remember Sup on his back bleeding all over his S. It was an awesome moment, it was a fuck your powers moment because with all those powers all it takes is a little green rock and your ass is mine

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Man to man in shorts and a t shirt, with no superpowers or utility belts, batman can hold his own against anyone because of his extensive combat training

Supermans just some juiced up brawler like kimbo slice

This is why people were like WTF when superman beat up general zod in man of steel

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Exactly. That movie was stupid on so many levels. You could also argue how the hell Zod was able to learn and utilize his powers so damn quickly. They could have done a much better job with that movie. The original Superman II was way better and made much more sense. Even though I wish they could cast a decent Lois Lane. It's sad when the tv shows do a much better job than the movies.