"she's not hip hop" says hip hop star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They were all part of the same little clique, the so called White Girl Mob.

Iggy Azalea is far more attractive & slightly more talented then the above mentioned. Which is exactly why she is getting the exposure she's getting. If Kreayshawn actually had talent & they made her over ala both Iggy & Nicki Minaj style, I'd bet money she'd be getting the same exposure & push as Iggy.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

You might be right. A good makeup artist and a stylist can work miracles. I just remember her looking like she hadn't bathed or showered since they shut the water off in her trailer park.

I actually felt she was racist on the DL. She came across to me as if she was making fun of ignorant black people and their culture. The niggas around her were too dumb to see it. That was the vibe I got, anyway.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Nah, I doubt she was racist. She's just from Oakland and ignorant niggas will always give white girls a pass if they are even remotely attractive.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's enough cred right there

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Of course Charlamagne Tha God would have no problem with Iggy Azalea or any of the current reign of rappers, he's a corporate radio & TV personality. It's his job to help promote and give all these current acts exposure. Even when he has a "beef" with any of them for some reason, it's all to help give them exposure.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Have you heard his show? He dogs people/rappers a lot. He has a lot of enemies.

Let me ask you this cause you keep saying corporate....so your point is if they are backed by ..such as arista, virgin and the such...they are not hip hop

Since u posted lord jamar do you agreevwith him on his view of whites in hip hop?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

My point through the whole thread is that the record labels aka corporate interests are responsible for a lot of what's wrong with Hip Hop, so for all intents & purposes "No" it's not Hip Hop because they are trying to turn it into some form of all inclusive type Pop music. The record labels don't care about the genre or the artists. They don't care about putting out quality music. Peep the mini convo that went on in the Random Conversation thread about the music industry from last night to this morning.

And it's not just just Hip Hop. As I said earlier in this thread where is R&B/Soul? When's the last time you heard about any straight hard Rock artists or bands who get mainstream radio play? How come neither R&B and Rock doesn't get the same airplay & promotion that they once had? Besides Robin Thicke name another artist out currently that is labeled R&B/Soul that gets heavy radio airplay, especially any black artists male or female?

I agree with Lord Jamar to a certain extent, because as I've said there are very talented white male & female rappers on the underground/independent scene that could/should have major record deals & exposure, but because they are not willing to fall in line and go the pop route to get overnight fame and fortune (same as the quality black rappers) they don't get signed like the sub par white rappers who get the all the radio play & recognition.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Whatever happened to rap music that used to educate you on some real shit

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's still out there, it just doesn't get played on the radio anymore. It's all about keeping the masses entertained rather than educated. Easier to take your money, as well as other things , away from you that way.....

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Its there but you cheap ass mofos won't actually pay for it

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

I think I'll keep listening to this bubblegum rap

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

An
    U never got an argument from me that corp fucked some shit but if an artist is corporate i dont necessarily say they arent hip hop....if we did then nwa and public enemy is not hip hop.

Like rock n roll as u mentioned there are different types of rock...eg grunge and heavy netal but its still rock.

Same with hip hop well back in the 70's thru the 90's it was diverse from grandmaster flash to ll cool j to fresh prince and jazzy jeff (dont sleep on them listen to the album rock the house) to PE and de la soul.

Like cdg said outkast was nt considered hip hop because they were from the south. Ny would always dissed anybody not from ny saying there arent hip hop.

So when i hear that (theyvarent hip hop) ...99% of the time ...its someone from ny saying that shit.

So have the listeners changed tge definition of hiphop?

Again i agree that ceo-s fucked up the diversity but thats our fault too

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol. As melle mel said on cnn a couple of days ago...you wont know theres a black prez from todays rap

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Damn, I really want to get into this. But, I have to be up and out early in the morning. A lot of what people think about why music is the way it is today isn't the whole picture.

I'll be back in a day or two. Hopefully, ya'll still want to talk about it then.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah...its like darn puzzle...all of the sages are getting together and seeing whats up

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dude, seems to me you're getting caught up on the labeling/branding of what is "Hip Hop" while I'm talking about the whole culture/art form vs the industry manufactured culture.

No, listeners have not changed the definition of Hip Hop. The recording industry has changed the definition of Hip Hop by signing artists to put out music that they label as "Hip Hop". The one thing I have consistently noticed throughout this conversation is you seem to keep ignoring/dismissing the fact that I bring up the whole independent/underground culture as if it is not relevant, because you keep referencing all this stuff that happened prior to when the record industry started buying up and taking ownership of radio stations in order to keep their business going. As I said earlier in the thread, seems like some operate under the mindset of "If it's not on the radio it's not legit." Never mind how this narrative of how the Hip Hop on the radio is "evolving" and we are just getting to old to understand this "new phase" of Hip Hop keeps getting thrown out.

Yes it's "evolving" but it's not organic evolution IMO. It's not organic creativity taking place. I see a lot of mimicking of what's "hot" from most of these current industry signed artists rather than actual diversity & creativity that still goes on in the underground/independent arena. But hey, I am old. What the fuck do I know about Hip Hop or music in general?

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I agree they mimick the next guy....being afraid to do something different cause their peers will bash them on it.

Thats just me...the thing is they will call it popish and what not.

Formula for a rap song at minimum :

1. Use fuck 8 times
    2. Booty/ass 17 times
    3. Nigger ever verse
    4. Hoe every other verse
    5. Im paid 20 times
    6. My house is not my trap its someither place...or other drug trade sage sayings. Just once is good

And bam a hit

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Formula for 70-90's music for the most part:

1. Im the baddest mc ever
    2. Dance this song is dope
    3. The alley is full of homeless people...the govt is fucking us.
    4. Im the lover lover
    5. Im black yall..im black yall
    6. Look at me cause im paid, fly gear and jewlery
    7. Oh yeah....your big butt

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And all still out there being made by both newer & older artist. Some from other countries who have fell in love with & embraced that formula of Hip Hop. And people are still listening and getting into it. Same way people compose new Classical, Opera, Jazz or Blues pieces/songs. New artists still keep those particular music genres alive and they all still have a fanbase composed of both older & younger generations.