Dating Shows with BM/WW IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by kenny_g, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

2. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

Does anyone watch this show?

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Only caught the Tell All Special that was on. :-?

4. buglerroller

I've been watching it since last season, it was interesting to see an IR couple this time around.

I still will not get how or why they do it but, this show gets my attention.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My girl airl and I have watched it since the first season. I think It's intriguing because "standard" dating is so hard for soke people that other ways of finding a mate becomes very interested. Especially, for a guy. It feeds into that whole foriegn brides are better narrative that some men have.

That, and it's just an entertaining show. Marriage At First Site is another good one.. On that show people are matched up with total strangers and literally married at first site. A full leagal wedding. They are chosen for eachother by a trios of experts (psychologist, spiritual advisor and life coach or whatever the hell he is). They are given 6 weeks to make it work. Then, they decide if they want to stay married or get a divorce.

I think it's on the same channel as 90 Day Fiance. You might like it.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Just started watching this. Wish there were IR couples or non white couples for that matter. The damn thing takes place in NY

7. samson1701

First season had a black couple. The current season has a black couple, too. Second season had a Middle Eastern chick who only wanted to he with a white guy. I guees that counts as IR to them ...lol

8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Yep that sounds about right.

9. buglerroller

Funny thing, both shows are on record. I need to catch last nights episode of Marriage at first site to see what happened at the alter with the black couple.

10. The Dark King

Just looked it up. So they matched her with a guy because they were both bullied lol. Nice
    Sounds like she wants to be with someone white because she doesn'twant her kids to get teased too. Sounds legit lol

11. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the show Girlfriends when the "dark skin" BW only wanted kids with a WM cause she didn't want her children to grow up teased like she was.

12. The Dark King

Yeah I remember that episode. Shit out here ain't no joke. Your boy Nashville said it the best. The darker you are the realer your problems

13. samson1701

Ha, I didn't think of that. I took it at as her just wanting to be excepted as being white. She even said how she'd thrown herself at white guy, after white guy only to be used then rejected.

I guess, I didn't really give her that much credit to think about her possible children. She just seemed so about "her."

14. The Dark King

Well they made the childhood connection as a reason to match them so I thought that may play a role.
    Good luck to them both

15. samson1701

Am I the only one who thinks she has too many issues to be in a good relationship?

16. The Dark King

Only saw the first episode. The lack of diversity turned me off

17. samson1701

1st season was better anyway. More interesting couples. Plus, one of them were black. Secind season seems more drama for drama's sake than the social experiment of the first season. This season seems more like the 1st season so far. Haven't watched past the first episode, yet, through.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw a segment on Dr.Phil yesterday morning. The Jamacian guy who was dating that blonde and he did not contribute a thing. Her sister and mother are right to say he just wanted a green card. She married him anyway.

19. The Dark King

A lot of dudes do that. They're trying to escape hell.

20. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

That old white guy treats the Asian girl like crap