Dish TV drops Turner channels

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bertram, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Bertram

Bertram Member

Recently my cable/satellite provider dropped all the Turner affiliated channels. I can do without CNN, Cartoon Network, etc. but I was devastated when they dropped TCM(Turner Classic Movies). I have a fondness for the classics as might be obvious by my posts in the retro threads.
    They say it's because Turner is making unreasonable demands but they're working with them to get it back on. I'll give them about a month or I may be looking for another provider:smt010

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

My brother has Dish. I was surprised that they dropped that channel and TrueTV.

I loved TMC, it was a good replacement for the old AMC channel( God, I miss Bob Dorian and Jim Clooney, George's uncle). You can go to MGM or Fox Movie Channel(sometimes they run classic movies commercial free).

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That sucks. I'm a big fan of TCM too. They show really classic movies from the '40s and '50s, heck even the '60s and '70s that you literally can't see anywhere else.

If my cable provider dropped TCM I'd have a bitch fit!!!:smt093:smt076

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I can do w/o tcm....but tnt, tbs cnn and hln...i would drop dish

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I saw the flashing messages during last week's Walking Dead about dropping AMC. I hope this garbage doesn't interfere with my viewing of the world's greatest zombie series.