remake it....

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Nov 7, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

There are remaking the 6 million dollar man into a movie....which brings me to this....what tv show, cartoon or movie that needs a remake?

I say

quantum leap
    Star blazers
    Battle of the planets

2. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Forbidden Planet. For 50's sci fi it holds up remarkably well. A remake could be amazing with the right director.

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I would love to see those. Gremlins and Critters would be great with 2014-15 CGI.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The live action version of Star Blazers(or Space Battle Cruiser Yamato) has already been out and is on DVD. The Science Ninja Team(or Battle Of The Planets, Gatchaman and G-Force) has had many animated adaptations. Some of which were tame(like Battle Of The Planets), but Science Ninja Team was a little more violent. A live action adaptation may have been out in Japan somewhere. I am not sure if there should be another adaptation.
    Quantum Leap. I think they should leave that show alone. It was revolutionary in it's approach and Scott Bakula owned the role.

I think if a show needs a remake or comeback it should be The Hitchhiker, Thriller, Night Gallery and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. I even think a remake of Cooley High would be good.
    There was supposed to be a big screen adaptation of Magnum: PI. I guess that project was scrapped, or there was no money, or a disagreement over scripts.
    Gilligan's Island should come out. I don't know when, though.
    There was talk about a remake of The Creature From The Black lagoon and I Dream Of Jeanie. The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is in production now.

It is all possible.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Star blazers was remade in japan...

ql remake would be awesome....

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Steven Tyler sung a song the Yamato film called Love Lives.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Quantum leap was my shit

Scott bakula was my hero :p

I think I seen everything he's done

As for remakes....

They need to remake all of the old kung fu movies, like the five deadly venoms and the one armed boxer

You just don't get that type of shit anymore

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

True statement. The Venoms were the shizznit.

9. Bertram

Bertram Member

Actually if they're making a theatrical movie based on a TV show, it's not a remake. A remake is a revision of a previously made movie like "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" '47 starring Danny Kaye was recently remade with Ben Stiller. Television and film are two different medias.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If they do a remake of Quantum Leap, I guess a woman would be cast as the scientist leaping into everyone's past. Of if the want a man, call on Tyler Perry, he'll have plenty of IR time in that show and he'll get to wear a dress.

As to those Shaw Brothers classics, I think a modern adaptation is possible. They were referenced in the film The Man With The Iron Fists.

I think it is time for a remake of Golgo 13, The Professional. I know that Sonny Chiba did those films some time ago in the 70's. Or a remake of Fist Of The Northstar(the first live action film didn't really work out because Rao and Jaggy was not in that film).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Gotdamn does everyone have to prove how smart they are on the internet

Ain't no awards for this shit

:p

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He's right. Danny Kaye was in the film The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty.

14. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

To pick an alternate genre, plenty of Blaxploitation films could be updated, with better budgets and more in-depth scripts.

The Shaft remake was fumbled by a bad script and miscasting the lead.

Other options: Blacula, Truck Turner, Foxy Brown, Cleopatra Jones, That Man Bolt, Three the Hard Way...

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

A different world.

It dont have to be a movie .it can be a new tv show.

16. hellified

hellified Active Member

COOLEY HIGH

[​IMG]
    Kwame Boateng as Leroy "Preach" Jackson

[​IMG]
    John Boyega as Richard "Cochise" Morris

[​IMG]
    Samuel L. Jackson as Mr. Mason

[​IMG]
    Zoe Kravitz as Brenda

In the mid-1990's, a group of high school friends who live on the Near North Side of Chicago enjoy life to the fullest...parties, hanging out, meeting new friends. Then life changes for two of the guys when they meet a pair of career criminals and get falsely arrested in connection with stealing a Cadillac. We follow their lives through the end of high school and the dramatic end to their school year.

SOUNDTRACK: Classic early 90s rap and R&B

CLAUDINE

[​IMG]
    Sanaa Lathan as Claudine Price

[​IMG]
    Idris Elba as Rupert "Roop" B. Marshall

[​IMG]
    Tristan Wilds as Charles Price

[​IMG]
    INTRODUCING in her motion picture debut Gabrielle Douglas as Charlene Price

The story would be updated so rather than Claudine mother of six working as a maid and the troubles of welfare..it could be Claudine mother of 4 works as a LPN fighting foreclosure and possible job layoff in post 2008 economic melt down and how the byzantine system of foreclosure puts pressure on her and her family. Then she meets Rupert a cab driver who has his own issues (child support of his own, heavy financial loans, etc. Her eldest child Charles is in the Occupy Wallstreet Movement and has serious doubts about Roop. Her daughter Charlene (wait listed at the only college that didn't reject her) is fast approaching adulthood and trying to figure how she fits in and hilarity ensues from there..

SOUNDTRACK: produced by Prince and Alicia Keyes

I dare anyone to say they wouldn't at least be curious to see these joints...;);)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  17. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Anthony Mackie as Dan Freeman

It could be done but I would use the original as a basis but the remake would have a different title and would be about a young black employee at company like AIG or Bear Stearns who witnessed all the sly tactics used in subprime mortgages and how they fucked over the black community and middle class in general then he uses that knowledge to start his own company to inform and empower people to manipulate and fuck over Wall Street with shades of Fight Club's Tyler Durden (literally planning to destroy records and files)

The film would be black lead but diverse casting.
    It could be done...

MAHOGANY

[​IMG]
    Jennifer Hudson as Tracy Chambers
    if not her then Kerry Washington

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jamie Foxx as Brian Walker

[​IMG]
    James Franco as Sean

Tracy, an aspiring designer from the slums of Chicago puts herself through fashion school in the hopes of becoming one of the world's top designers. Her ambition leads her to Rome spurring a choice between the man she loves or her newfound success.

The first flick Jennifer Hudson does nudity in:D

TRUCK TURNER

[​IMG]
    Dwayne Johnson as Mac "Truck" Turner

IF NOT THE ROCK THEN GET...

[​IMG]
    Terry Crews as Mac "Truck" Turner

[​IMG]
    Columbus Short as Jerry

[​IMG]
    Paula Patton as Dorinda

[​IMG]
    Chiwetel Ejiofor as Harvard Blue

Truck Turner is a former professional football player who becomes a bounty hunter (along with his partner Jerry) in search of a bail-jumping pimp named Gator in Los Angeles, California. After a shootout where Truck has to use deadly force to kill the pimp, Gator's woman, Dorinda, puts a hit on Truck. The man who agrees to kill Truck is named Harvard Blue. Targeted by hired assassins can Turner survive with Blue and his gang on his trail?

18. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i dare any one to say they wouldn't see this flick

19. hellified

hellified Active Member

[​IMG]

Dorothy
    [​IMG]

if not quvenzhane wallis then..

[​IMG]