Hilary or Elizabeth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thump, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Warren all day and twice on Sundays. Love her and would campaign for her.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

same here.

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Competition is usually the best thing for campaigns. I would very much like to see Warren run.

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Elizabeth but,big money is like a big ocean and they will not have her be in control plus,the closed minded people will not vote for her. Sad that there is not enough money to create a lot of jobs but enough to buy a pol.

6. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Hilary but if Jeb wins the primaries she is fucked.

7. The Dark King

You really think so? As long as their base hates women and immigrants I think she'll be ok. Remember people come out in droves for Presidential elections. If this was a congressional vote you'd have a point.

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the power of The Stupids.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I heard Elizabeth won't be running, but will be kept in the limelight to keep Hillary far left of center, or else.

Per the question: Don't know if Warren is the choice or Democratic answer, but no shady Hillary for this country.

10. The Dark King

Too true they got Bush in twice. Well supposedly anyway

11. Morning Star

Irrational fear propelled his second win when an unpopular war became a deficit.

12. Otis

Otis New Member

My answer is Warren WITH the caveat that I'm not sure she has the chops for the job yet.

"Politics is war without bloodshed." I agree with Mao Zedong's quote & would consider Warren too green (as in inexperienced) for the job. So far.

As for the big prize, it's faaar too early to tell. No one saw Obama coming in '08. We're not even in June.

13. archangel

I am going to guess Bush vs Clinton.

Pick your poison...

The country already made the choice of Clinton over Bush. Most people have loving memories of the 90's with Bill in charge.

We are basically thinking that Bill will be in there.
    prepare for a woman president!!!

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm all for a women president, I just worry that some people want a women Prez so bad that they aren't really looking at what Hilary Clinton represents.

She was pro war, she has deep ties to the bloodsuckers on wall street. And let's not forget the thinly veiled race bating her and her husband used against Obama in the 2008 campaign.

15. archangel

You are preaching to the choir. as a man said to me at work... She was a corporate lawyer. how liberal can she be?!?!?

It is that I prefer her over Bush and warren over clinton. I know the reality. Warren will not win against Clinton. Booker is too wet behind the ears and deval doesn't want to run so....guess who I am left with.

edit:I take that back. I am going with Biden if he runs. Someone once argued with me for clinton but I really think he could win if he manage to not slip up.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Former Congressman Barney Frank said Sen.Warren is toast if she runs. He means Warren would lose her effectiveness.

17. Morning Star

All I can say is that we never had a centre-left, nor leftist president throughout US history.

18. The Dark King

Kennedy? Johnson? Carter?

19. Morning Star

Speaking from a general standpoint and not just on social issues.

From a social front, they could be considered leftist in that regard, but the one that came closest to being left-leaning would be FDR. Beyond that, they were varying degrees of centrist-right wing politicians.

With Kennedy's case, he was reluctant on tackling the issue of the Civil Rights. His brother had to convince them to actually engage in all this.

I think this link here can provide some incentive on the political ideology. Every nation has their own definition on what defines left, right, center, etc...but, it is also important to note that there are some definitive perspectives that are unwavering when it comes to defining those labels.

And one such question does stand out...

You've got liberals on the right. Don't you know they're left?
    This response is exclusively American. Elsewhere neo-liberalism is understood in standard political science terminology — deriving from mid 19th Century Manchester Liberalism, which campaigned for free trade on behalf of the capitalist classes of manufacturers and industrialists. In other words, laissez-faire or economic libertarianism.

In the United States, "liberals" are understood to believe in leftish economic programmes such as welfare and publicly funded medical care, while also holding liberal social views on matters such as law and order, peace, sexuality, women's rights etc. The two don't necessarily go together.

Our Compass rightly separates them. Otherwise, how would you label someone like the late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan who, on the one hand, pleased the left by supporting strong economic safety nets for the underprivileged, but angered social liberals with his support for the Vietnam War, the Cold War and other key conservative causes?

20. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Don't trust Hilary at all. Never have, never will. However, the American people have VERY short memories. The fact that her 2016 run was a backroom political deal made with the Dems 7 years ago to unite the party behind Obama evades most of you. It's already set in stone. The only reason she is being tight lipped and shady is because the strategists are working hard and keeping it all close to the vest. The last 8 years of your life have been scripted, whether you're too ignorant to realize it or not. She can't lose IMO.