Should Women Ask Men Out?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by K, Mar 30, 2015.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

What do you really think?

I know there are comments made about how men would like women to ask them out and such, but I always wonder what's the truth about it?

How do you really feel/think about a woman approaching you?

Would you really want a woman to ask for your number, ask you out?

Are you comfortable asking a man out?

Thoughts?

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'm not comfortable with it unless I'm in an established relationship. I was raised not to chase men and the few times I went against that, it wasn't pretty. I choose to follow what I was taught because I believe it works best for me.

3. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i feel pretty much the same way.
    i m not too shy to approach a man after all, but i m still more comfy if he s the one making the first step.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah cold approaching a woman is a beast....i think every woman should do it to appreciate the fact a guy doing.....lol

lol

lol

lol

all jokes aside....i think men would be cool with it.
    they would be taken aback but cool

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm ok with it as a man but at this point in my life. Everyone is getting a no and I have been approached before.. especially in houston. I don't plan to live here for long(living in May). I know women tend not to be very mobile and very close knit.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes,they should since they know what they want instead of having men whom she hates hitting on her.

7. Im aires so I naturally like straight forward people especially women. If a woman is confident enough to come to me and tell me what she wanted. I think I would like it.

8. Ticklemyfancy

Ticklemyfancy New Member

Women approaching men

It is cool with me. A confident woman can still be treated like a lady.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

An older female coworker of mine told me to stay away from forward women, because they are 'whores'

She's in her 60s and I guess the times were different for women back then

That type of attitude and public humiliation is probably why a good number of women refuse to chase men

I've had women express varying levels of superficial interest (from slight eye contact to full blown flirting) but never had one straight up ask me out......in person anyway.....over the internet, it seems to be a different ball game

I guess it's easier to be forward when you're both 1s and 0s

10. Blocka

Blocka New Member

Yes ladies please do ask us out. I'm young, handsome, and energetic but I'm already tired of having to do all of the heavy lifting in relationships. Men want to feel wanted too.

I've only ever had one woman approach me, it was amazing to have passion on both sides. It didn't make me feel like a dog chasing cars or like I was playing the endurance game, tracking a deer down for hours on end, until she gets tired and says yes to a simple date. No more modesty and feigned chastity. I need someone that's going to have a good back and forth with me and put effort into our sex life and dating plans/events.

And like pettyofficerj said I've only ever seen women slut shame other women. Men don't complain about how easy it was to get a date, especially since it's so damn hard these days, no matter what medium you try it through. With social media and dating sites you'd think it would be easier but no it's not.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with women asking men out. I also don't see anything wrong with the woman paying for dinner/date since she asks the man out. I personally prefer to pay for the date (just in case she is crazy, I can pay and I suppose it is a small amount of money to have a crazy person out of your life forever).

I guess, if you like someone or are interested in someone you could just hope that they will approach you someday. But, a closed mouth doesn't get fed. The older you get the last time you have to try to go through the B.S. of getting noticed. So, if you are interested in someone, I say go for it.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh yah - I definitely think a woman should expect to pay if she's asking him out.

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I think it's great when a woman asks a man out, for a few reasons. First of all, it lets him know that you're willing to risk rejection for the chance to get to know him better. Even if he says no, he'll at least respect you for it. Second, since women are a lot less likely to approach men than men are to approach women, you stand out from the crowd and distinguish yourself from everyone else. Finally, there's no bigger ego boost than being hit on by a woman. If you make him feel good about himself then there's a pretty good chance that he'll say yes.

All he can do is say no and if he does, at least you tried. If nothing else you'll know that it wasn't meant to be and you can go focus on someone else.

14. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

The line starts behind me ladies:smt007

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

As a former narcissist, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which way ur genitals are wired), some girls are turned off by the whole ego/chick magnet thing and won't give you the time of day

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Bonus points are awarded for being older than me. Just putting that out there. :smt047

Oh, I agree with that. Cockiness is a turn-off for both men and women. I was speaking more of the immediate ego boost that you get from being approached. Since I don't get hit on very often it doesn't happen enough for me to be permanently cocky, but it does make the next few hours pretty sweet.

17. Otis

Otis New Member

I am against this.

It has nothing to do with me being offended by it. Really, that part doesn't bother me at all.

My reasoning is that making the 1st move is the man's responsibility. Period. That is not to say that a woman cannot show interest; hell, there are plenty of times a gal had to give me a hint to let me know she was interested. And the onus was on me to initiate. That's how it is & how it should be.

Growing up where I did, the rules of engagement were that the dude goes after the girl - and any dude that didn't was considered weak (yes, there were 'fix-ups' & all of that). But when everybody knew so-and-so liked such-and-such & the Brotha hesitated, he was judged harshly. So I was trained to go after what I wanted. And that's how I have come to view the mating dance.

It is the natural order of things.

18. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I see no problem with it. Hell, would be easier to know if you're interested in a guy instead of playing coy.

19. newblackman88

newblackman88 Member

I totally agree, I like honest, straightforward woman and also I am horrible at picking up signals and add that to my own shyness, I would much prefer a woman to ask me out.

20. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Lost art of communication. Tis all.