The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Peter Parker Meets Miles Morales

Starting at the 7:50 mark.

[YOUTUBE]1l5_TOourvs[/YOUTUBE]

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I found it funny because miles is the ultimate spiderman and this spiderman is...

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The show & character was labeled "Ultimate Spider-Man" due to the fact that although it's suppose to be the original mainstream Spider-Man, everything about him and most of the other characters in the show is based off of the original Peter Parker version Ultimate Spider-Man & Ultimate Universe characters. They've thrown in bits and pieces from the mainstream universe and the Marvel Movie universe as well (Nick Fury, Agent Coulson, SHIELD & The Avengers).

I don't think they even thought about ever having Peter Parker meeting Miles Morales until they decided to do a simplified take on the current Spider-Verse storyline that's going on in the Spider-Man comics.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First Kurse in Thor: the Dark World and now Killer Croc in the Suicide Squad.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje revealed as Batman Villain Killer Croc for the upcoming DC Comic based film.

[​IMG]

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And on the Marvel side of things :

Marvel Press Release for Luke Cage Netflix Series:

Netflix & Marvel Television announced today that Cheo Hodari Coker will serve as executive producer and showrunner of the anticipated series, Marvel’s Luke Cage. Coker is writing the first two episodes of the series that will premiere in 2016, everywhere that Netflix is available.

Most recently, Coker served as a co-executive producer on the second season of Ray Donovan, and prior to that was a supervising producer on the critically-acclaimed, fourth season of the drama SouthLAnd. Coker was a part of the SouthLAnd team that earned the show a 2012 Peabody Award. Coker also garnered a 2013 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Writing for a Dramatic Series for his work on that show. Coker’s feature film credits include Fox Searchlight’s rap biopic Notorious. He authored the book Unbelievable: The Life, Death, and Afterlife of The Notorious B.I.G as well. Coker started his writing career in journalism and was a staff writer at the Los Angeles Times and contributed to VIBE, Rolling Stone, Essence, among other publications. He is a graduate of Stanford University.

It was previously announced that Mike Colter (The Good Wife, American Horror Story: Coven) will play the charismatic lead character, Luke Cage, in the series.

Marvel’s Luke Cage is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

[​IMG]

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Adebisi!

Never did figure out how that fucking hat never fell off

8. archangel

John Cena shazam
    The rock black adam

I'm pretty sure this will be disappointing.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Damn. You April Fool's pranking hard, huh?

First the you don't know who Sidney Poitier is in that other thread now this....:rolleyes:

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's a super hero movie for one (y so srs?)....two...the rock is a decent actor...three....it's nice to see guys with size and stature actually play beefy comic book characters

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Batman vs Robin is up might have to check it out.

12. archangel

The sidney part is real though. I have no idea who he is..... never seen a movie of him in it.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

It's official; dective Lance is the worst dective in the universe.

The quality of writing on Arrow plummeting. The show runners are doing too much. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and a new team Superhero show with The Atom, Hawkgirl, the old Black Canery and maybe Static. Their doing too much.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U actually watch these shows for their writing? I thought they were supposed to be fan service wank-a-thons

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah and this weird blaming him for his daughters' actions makes no sense. Like the crime in that city wasn't off the chain and like the under taking wouldn't have happened without him. I hate when shows abandon al logic

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I watch any and every Marvel comic movie, except Thor.

[​IMG]

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm pretty sure that makes you racist

18. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I discriminate when it comes to comic book characters.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting Breaking Bad loyalty but at least make some reasonable amount of sense. They're ruing a once good show.

Right!

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

They're obviously aiming for the single-digit IQ chowderheads like me who don't notice

They could literally do whatever and I'd be like 'that episode was the truth!'