Netflix Instant Queue Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by 4north1side2, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Is blockbuster still in business!?!

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

Naw. Im poking fun on myself about being behiind the times

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I was going to say... Lol

Ok... So I checked out Compliance (it was crazy) and Would You Rather (insane, couldn't stop watching lol)

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Master of none is a great modern comedy show. 5* easy

5. 4north1side2

If you haven't yet, make sure you watch a simple plan. While shit is just wow.

[​IMG]

5* easy

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Is that the one Sam Raimi directed back in the day?

7. 4north1side2

Yeah, shit was mad good.

Generation War

Shit is flames, just an all our brillant drama mini series from the Nazi perspective in WW Ii. No wonder it was so great, because it came from the cat who made downfall. 5*

8. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I was totally addicted to Mad Men. Loved it.

9. 4north1side2

I can't decide if that, walking dead, or breaking bad are most overrated tv series of all time.

10. RestlessRita

All good, but nothing can beat Breaking Bad.

11. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Blasphemy!

North may be the only person I've ever come across who doesn't like that show lol. The first season was kind of slow but by season three I was completely hooked until the end.

12. RestlessRita

Didn't like Walking Dead, but loved Mad Men, Orange is the New Black, and of course, Breaking Bad. The best.

13. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

For me season one was the sweet spot --- when their thought process was so naive. Anyone who's ever experimented with drugs knows the ballet.

When the kid and his former teacher were first meeting/"negotiating their partnership" --- Pinkman: "You were not this cool in high school" ... lol

I didn't have any interest in watching it when it aired; the notion of a show glorifying meth did not appeal to me at all. But when I finally watched it I saw I'd pre-judged --- it was a classic Shakespearean tragedy.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Top Boy. Only 8 episodes because it's one of those British series with micro seasons (Two seasons, 4 episodes a season). Best way to describe it is The Wire meets New Jack City meets Juice.

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Quite a combination there

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I never saw it as glorifying meth use or dealing. I looked at it like a longer version of Scarface or New Jack City: it only glorifies drug if you look at the surface. In all of them, the drug dealers are amoral murderers and the drug addicts are all train wrecks. Even more importantly, every single drug dealer dies in all of them. Well, except for Jesse in Breaking Bad and Christopher Williams' character in NJC lol. But for all the characters involved in selling drugs, there is no happy ending.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's the only way to describe it without spoiling what's going on in the show.

18. 4north1side2

Creating a murderer is the best damn documentary I've ever saw!

This shit will have your blood boiling on high.

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

F is for Family

20. 4north1side2

Wasn't bad at all, way too short. Netflix been brining that heat.