Christina Hendricks to play Ice Cube's love interest in comedy film "Fist Fight"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

"
    Christina Hendricks in Talks to Join Ice Cube, Charlie Day in 'Fist Fight' (Exclusive)

[​IMG]

by Borys Kit 9/25/2015 12:59pm PDT

Tracy Morgan is also in the New Line comedy.

Mad Men star and multiple Emmy nominee Christina Hendricks is in negotiations to join the cast of Fist Fight, New Line’s school-themed comedy that stars Ice Cube and Charlie Day.

She will join a roll call that also includes Tracy Morgan, Workaholics star Jillian Bell and Breaking Bad’s Dean Norris.

Richie Keen is directing the comedy, which will begin shooting in October in Atlanta.

The script, written by Evan Susser and Van Robichaux, tells of two teachers (Ice Cube and Day) who work in a broken-down school system and wind up in an epic fist fight.

Hendricks will play an intense drama teacher with the hots for Ice Cube’s character.

Hendricks starred as the ambitious ladder-climbing ad exec Joan Harris on Mad Men, a part that garnered her a whopping six Emmy nominations. In between seasons she appeared in several films, including Nicolas Refn’s Drive and his recently completed The Neon Demon, and she also starred in Ryan Gosling’s 2014 movie Lost River.

Hendricks is repped ICM, LINK Entertainment and attorney Howard Fishman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fist-fight-christina-hendricks-joining-827319

"

2. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

I can't see Ice Cube being with a white woman - even in a movie. It's probably because Ice Cube has been the type that shames black men who date/marry non-black women and has always expressed his love for black women (nothing wrong with that part).

I understand it's a movie and role, but Ice Cube essentially plays "Ice Cube" in every film and I can't see it. If I were directing the movie, I would give him a black love interest. Or at the very least a darker Latina.

Not a big deal, though. Just my 2 cents

3. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Has he said anything about BW that date non-BM?

Didn't think so.

You don't see WM going after one another because of who they fuck.

BM are just drones in a female hive.

4. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

Hell no! Don't you know that BW that date/marry non-black men should be celebrated because it affirms the status, beauty and class of ALL black women (even the ones that don't deserve it). That is why black men who date outside their race must be shamed into dating/liking black women! Got it? Fall in line, sir!

I like that one. Going to start using it

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What about Ice Cube's son O'Shea Jackson Jr.? He just recently had a whole controversy online with Black Women because he's dating a Latina chick.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

This.

7. JamalSpunky

Oh, my God. Drones in a female hive. I'm gonna use that. This!!

8. JamalSpunky

Yes, yes, yes! T-H-I-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's some Spike Lee bullshit there. In the past he was riding black dudes for hooking up with white women while all the while saluting Robert De Niro for his love of chocolate. That Spike belonged on a plantation. Would have felt right at home with that mentality.

African American men (I'm not including other black males from different countries) are the only males on the globe who think like that. It's a weakness.

9. JamalSpunky

Come on. Y'all know Latinas is the lone Get Out Of Jail card black dudes have in regard to IR dating when confronting a prejudiced black community. Latinas, and I'm not talking about the black ones, are the only non-black females that African american males feel comfortable about publicly admitting attraction too. So I'm sure Cube will let his son slide on that.

As for this film.....I never had much respect for Ice Cube as an actor. He has one expression and even less range. And this would be the second time Hollywood wasted by picking him to star alongside some white babe. The first time was Ghost of Mars.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you that one. Ice Cube was always w hard guy. So hard a romance with a white woman is an impossibility because he is either cast as an antagonist or a friend or team member, or anti-heroes who steps up to the plate at the last minute. Look at him in Higher Learning, John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars, XxX: State of the Union, Three Kings and Anaconda. Maybe he's just trying to expand and soften his image.

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

This will be interesting :smt081

12. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

For the past 30 years or so, there has been a narrative strongly promoted that states that if a black (American) man - and only a black MAN - dates outside his race then he "hates himself". Of course you are all familiar with it. And as you said, Spike Lee promoted this shaming more than anyone.

Yet, somehow this doesn't apply to black women who exercise their prerogative to date a non-black man. All of this promotes the goal of expanding the mating options of black women, while restricting the options of black men.

You see, a black woman should not have to compete in the sexual market with other races of women for the attention of black men. Black women should be loved simply because they are black. And black men should be available for black women, no matter what she looks or acts like. Black men have been berated for the past 30 years and shamed into accepting this crap as truth. And those who challenge this narrative must be relentlessly made an example of. Many black men have even been taught by their mothers that there is something wrong with dating a non-black woman.

All of that is why the American black man is different from other black men. Now, in 2015 we see the attitude of entitlement among so many black women.

And that card is a tentative one. It depends on how dark she is. You're on probation. Similar to being with an Asian. But you still you lose all your rights to discuss racism.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  13. flaminghetero

:smt023

You're welcome to it.

14. flaminghetero

[​IMG]

15. flaminghetero

Head down..falling in line.

You know....

We are the ONLY race of men that BW do not submit to.

We are the ONLY men that have to sit through that "strong BW" routine.

The SAME sista' that will stomp around a BM's house like George Foreman... in a non-BM's house...is quiet as a dead monkey.

16. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

And that's the damn irony of this entire thing. They want us to accept any type of looks and any type of attitude. Yet, they are submissive to other men.

Present day black American culture is centered around the ego of black women.
    - "Black women are not getting enough roles in Hollywood" (even though there are more of them leading shows than black men).

- "Too many ball players marry white women" (HUGE Myth)

- "Black men ain't shit" (translation: black men are unworthy of them in reality)

Black culture is centered around having the sexiness of black women publicly affirmed by examples of successful men, black or white, marrying them. Whether in real life (e.g. Mayor De Blasio) or in fiction (e.g. Scandal). It must be affirmed over and over.

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Black men don't get a pass for liking latinas, not even afro-latinas.

You can't even show an interest in light-skin BW w/o being chastised for it in some way or another.

On-topic though; Ice Cube x Hendricks is such an odd pairing. I'm all for ir love obviously but this seems like a match made in hell.

18. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

That ***** only like dem light skinded b****es. He can't handle a REAL black woman!

19. flaminghetero

Strong words of truth and wisdom right there.

They'd feel a lot better if they stopped competing against us.

We want our sons to step up to the plate,but we give the bat to our daughters..:rolleyes:

I remember reading a book by J.A. Rogers,he mentioned some of the popular sayings BW had at the time(1920's and 30'),one was:

"Better a white man's whore than a nigger's wife"

And these gems:

"The only good nigger is a dead one with life insurance"

"5 minutes with a WM is better than a lifetime with a nigger"

He mentioned seeing a table of sisters(nurses) in a club in Europe during WWI.

He was so happy to see them that he was ill-prepared for their cold,evil reception:

"Didn't nobody here call for no coal,boy"

Yikes..

The Black woman is the hidden power behind the white male.

20. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

You have a source for that? I would like to quote it, and need a source