MTV’s New Documentary Wants to Make White People Very Uncomfortable

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by 4north1side2, Jul 9, 2015.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]DRJnkBqwzOQ[/YOUTUBE]

Did you miss Justin Simien's Dear White People? Fear not! MTV has a new documentary that aims to go above and beyond race-relations parodying and instead take a long, hard look at white people's most favorite conversation topic: whiteness. White People, which premieres July 22, was spearheaded by Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist and undocumented activist Jose Antonio Vargas. In the first trailer, he moderates a forum that takes place over the course of several sit-downs with white people — both in groups and one-on-one — wherein he asks them, plainly, to confront their whiteness. That means, he says, getting "all uncomfortable together" about sensitive issues like white guilt, white privilege, and, of course, racism.

2. 4north1side2

I feel for some of these white people, this documentary reminded of recent Facebook posts I've seen recently where people say its impossible to be born a racist (which is bullshit itself) and a white guy commented that if that's true, why did all the black kids pick on him in school solely off the strength of his skin color, he was immediately attacked with comments from black people saying "you must of looked at them the wrong way or said something stupid to deserve that" or "it's impossible for blacks to be racist since you guys have all the control"

From the day I started working till now, I always observed that speaking about race, specially black people was a challenge for whites as if they were walking on egg shells because they are scared of being labeled racists which sucked because it prevented some real dialogue from going where we could come up with some solutions to problems.

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I noticed the dislikes are coming from angry white people, and they don't like being challenged and often deflect.

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Fox News doesn't know what to make of it . . . but they don't like being subjected to critical thinking about their inherited status in America or how life would be different for Megyn Kelly if she were non-white. Well for starters Megyn . . . you would be on CNN or MSNBC if you wanted a primetime show rather than FNC lol

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It should put ants in the pants on those folks. Conservatives hated it of course.

6. Akeildboss

Akeildboss Active Member

Nigga this shit will make us look bad ! this ain't about white priviledge didn't u hear them say "they can't say what's on their minds" etc cuz whatever they say r racist smh this is shit

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Full documentary:
    [YOUTUBE]_zjj1PmJcRM[/YOUTUBE]

8. 4north1side2

Props, will check this out in a few.

9. 4north1side2

Shitty documentary with a annoying host.