World's Corniest Thread!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by shaft2k4, Jul 26, 2015.

1. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Okay, obviously the things we like are cool (to us). But everybody has that thing that they know is corny as hell, but they like it anyway.

This is the thread for those things, whether they be t.v. shows, songs movie scenes etc. Post any of your favorites that you enjoy, but all your friends can't figure out why you're into it.

So at the risk of having my man card revoked. I'll start.

I used to love musicals as a kid.

Yes you read it right fuckers, I said MUSICALS!

Every now and then when nobody's looking, I play this shit---

[youtube]fE5zAn2XNWY[/youtube]

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is a tough one to think of...the title is a bit of a misnomer because practically everything corny is pretty much cool today, lol.

(ok, maybe not musicals)

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I love Finding Bigfoot. Rarely do I watch tv, but this is one show I can watch over and over. I don't even like telling people because it's serious instant judgment!

TDK watches (watched?) Glee though. Anytime I feel like a complete and total cornball, I remember that little tidbit and instantly feel a bit better about myself :D

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I like a lot of corny movies and television, including Archer and South Beach Tow.

5. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Good point. A lot of things seem corny due to being outdated also.

I guess it could be anything that you like, but makes your friends look at you sideways.

I'm a big fan of horror movies (even the cheesier ones). Most of my friends don't get the appeal at all.

6. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Flash Gordon (1980) is a perfect example of a corny movie that has a weird charm to it.

7. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Do you think Bigfoot is real or myth?

If they ever run into some real shit on that show, it will be the highest rated episode ever.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LOVE Horror movies. Down to the now cheesy but classic Frankenstein movies

[​IMG]

(read Mary Shelley's novel as a kid)

Ok, so now I thought of something....
    I love old-time movies... The black and whites from the 30's, 40's, 50's and 1930's. And the overacted silent movies from the twenties, Mae West, etc... My friends look at me sideways that I even like them. (Turner Network Is my favorite.)

I also love cheesy 40's Big Band music and Swing.

(Also Calamity Jane (musical) movie with Doris Day..love it!)

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Real weighs heavier than myth in my opinion. I think it's completely plausible that big foot exists. I buy into a lot of the evidence on that show.

10. orejon4

Some of the corniest special effects ever. But every time it has been on, I have watched it. :p

11. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

True.

And that theme song by Queen. It's still in my head 3 days after the movies over.

12. orejon4

[YOUTUBE]Q-vU152-XAE[/YOUTUBE]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nothing like watching a bunch of loud ass rednecks stomping around in the West Virginia backwoods at night trying to capture or discover proof of Bigfoot and other alleged cryptids living in the Appalachian Mountains.