sit your ass down

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Nov 5, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I seen that

How someone remains dumb enough to make comments like that in this racially charged atmosphere, is beyond comprehension

With that said, I read an article on huffpost that said africa has slavery museums and other stuff but America didn't have any

Is that true?

And should we want museums and monuments that serve as a fixed reminder of our past, or would they be too hurtful

4. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

The thread title gives me fond memories of childhood. I admit there were lots of times when I needed to sit my ass down.

On special occasions it was "boy sit your ass down." Based on tone that could either be a request or a demand depending on the adult speaking.

There's the ever ominous, open ended-- "boy if you don't sit your ass down..." That one was especially effective if said through clenched teeth. This implied threat compels the child mind has to ask himself "what exactly will they do if I don't sit my ass down?" Most of the time not much, but you figured out quick which grown folks were bluffing and which ones might actually be really annoyed. Usually continued transgressions resulted in the loss of some privilege or other.

In these cases it was always a good idea to follow proper procedure just in case.

1. Check escape routes.

2. Scan for any belts in area.

3. Check date of rebellious act ( ie;proximity to Christmas or nearest birthday). As a rule of thumb, 3 weeks before birthday/Christmas is usually enough of a time buffer for a minor transgression to fade from an adults memory. Any closer to the season and you could be risking a downgrade in presents. Any less than three weeks and the risk of getting a pair of socks instead of a G.I. Joe action figure is too great, and not worth the rebellion. Pick your battles.

The word "black" was also thrown in for special occasions and generally used by older folks who were around in the 50's. "Boy sit your black ass down" was for when you interrupted grown folks conversation with 9 yr old wisdom. Or walked in front of the t.v. during one of the soaps.

Ahh Childhood. :D

Oh well. Off to therapy.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol.....i thought about ot when my mom would yell at me....especially in church.

6. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Oh yeah. Better act right in church.

:butthead::smt079

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

America....u cant get a slave museum...

America sit your ass down

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yep. That's why my mother always sat us on the back pew closest to the door. lol I remember being taken outside a couple of times, but I learned my lesson pretty quickly. Unfortunately for my four little brothers, they never learned.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....yeah....we all got that ass beat at church

11. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

At the 2009 MTV Music Awards when Taylor Swift was accepting her award ... Kanye West sit your ass down.

With his Twitter tirade at Jimmy Kimmel for his sketch with the kids reenacting West's BBC interview in which West calls himself the biggest rock star on the planet ... Kanye West sit your ass down.

12. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

"This all dates back to when we were growing up in Kenya ..."

Translation: "Donald Trump sit your ass down."

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Whenever trump and kanye walk in the room just scream "sit your ass down"

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Cowboys are thinking bout playing an injured romo....what?
    Jj sit your ass down

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's football

If ur not playing hurt or injured, ur not training hard enough

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...for real...lol

In this case...TR better say no...its his back thats foul...they are also playing the jags...take a break romo. If u need him that bad then ur problems run deep

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Donald trump announces his run for the whitehouse.....sit your ass down

19. RealRed

RealRed New Member

AGREE with that, GL..

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha!